Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Brand New MidLink Semester

I was reading Psalm 37 yesterday morning before going to work. It is one of my favorite Psalms and like anything we become too familiar with we can become complacent and over look some good stuff. I think this verse was just put in my Bible yesterday, vs 37b, "there is a future for the man of peace." I love this and have been thinking about that verse so much in the past 24 hours. God's peace is where it's happening and a good place to remain. Even if harsh words and unkind actions are hurled at us if we stay in God's peace, we don't suffer irreparable damage and unjust suffering. Likewise if we are in God's peace, we won't hurl harsh words and unkind actions when we are unsettled and cause irreparable damage and unjust suffering.


Tonight is the first night of MidLink for the spring/winter semester. It's a night full of excitement and brand new beginnings. I am going in later today because I just don't have the stamina right now to work an 8:00 am-8:30 pm day. Curtis Jones is teaching again. He is an awesome teacher, so come on and join us tonight at 7:00 in the Fellowship Center.


I have a lot of posts rolling around in me, but don't have the time right now to dedicate many thoughts to them. Give me a couple of weeks and I will have the time. I am still reliving fun moments from Bunko on Monday night. I have never seen so many oneses rolled at such critical times. I almost never left table two, but I did roll a Bunko. I told my partner Eileen to get knocked up instead of knock it out, meaning roll us some 6's. That is two entirely different things. We didn't have any subs on Monday. We enjoyed our time with one another which is what is really all about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you'll be there. I will look for you. I'm ready to start again! Glad you are resting a little so you'll be able to enjoy tonight. Love you, Annette

Amanda said...

Bunko was so much fun this week!