Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coming Down the Homestretch

Wednesday morning. Wednesdays are long days for me at work. This year I decided to go in later on Wednesdays because I am not quite there yet to do the 12 hour shift thing. Even though today is my last Wednesday and I won't stay as long tonight, I'm exercising the option.


I was caught by surprise yesterday by tears. I am a very sentimental person, more than most would know. Being tempered by God's will and especially seeing His will work on Monday, story to come later, I felt I could get through this ending without crying. I am not a crying type person, so being weepy yesterday...surprise! Maybe it came from sharing in our Ministries Staff Meeting that Roy would be making the decision this week that his mother entrusted him to make, to take her off life support. She has been up and down with great days and sad days. On Monday it looked like he would be making the decision sooner than expected, now, who knows. He is headed to Shreveport this weekend to see his mom and to pray. I have heard him praying out loud for her the past few days. He wants to be in the same room with her and pray. I told him Monday he was the bravest person I know. Although I am getting a little worried about one thing. Roy has been entrusted with that same decision for my dad. Roy will be doing that same thing for me and I am getting nervous that he will be so good at it by the time it rolls around to me, he may pull the plug on me too soon. It is feeling like a Seinfeld episode to me. Last night as I wrote a note to Jason I cried the whole time I wrote it. Hopefully the tears are in remission, but I don't think so. This is probably pay back since I wrote out to the Ministries Staff reminding them of meetings and lunch that even now tears are rolling down my cheeks, being sarcastic and explaining that was probably written a thousand times a day on blogs.


So my work is just about done. I will finish up Jason's Am Ex bill and get some things ready for the Selection Committee and that should be just about it.


One thing I am happy about, I can start going to Tuesday night Bible study. Two late nights in a row just aren't going to cut it for me. I was leaving yesterday as Beth, Sabrina and Mark were coming in. Beth asked me if I was leaving for the day and I said yep. It dawned on me, duh she is teaching tonight. So I added but I will be back next week for Bible study. I didn't want to be rude. And I will be although as a civilian. I will be waiting to get in just like everyone else. What a joy!!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I will be praying for you this week and also for Roy.

Anonymous said...

Joy cometh...I'm praying for you in your homestretch, and for Roy this day as he struggles with losing his mother. You have had such a time lately. I am so glad you'll be able to do the "civillian" thing with Bible study and MidLink. Sweet endearing post. Love, Annette

Becky Kiser said...

I'm going to miss seeing you so often Nancy! But we'll just have to schedule more lunches! :)

Love you and appreciate you more than you will EVER know!

Anonymous said...

Giving up work was one of the hardest things I have ever done. In fact I still worked part-time for a while, and then even carried on in a voluntary capacity for a couple of days a week.
This eased me into retirement and now I love being a lady of leisure. Leisure!! you have to be joking I am busy doing a whole load of new things.
Enjoy this new stage in your life!!

The Synnott's said...

ok, so i am just catching up... so sorry! no more work at HFBC? wow, thats going to feel weird but i am happy for you! you can come visit me now...heheh. we can atleast do lunch now!

Anonymous said...

bet ya' still wouldn't trade those tears and sentimentalism for ye ole heart o'stone....even when the seinfeld thought doesn't really take away the feeling....Praise Him for being there WITH US so we can live it out.....without Him we can't.....keep sharing your walk...especially all the upcoming lunch dates, friend visits and bible study...

Anonymous said...

so it is extra special that the Lord showed you WHY he spoke to you as he did....now you won't worry about His future speakings even when they don't seem to make sense....he gave you a good lesson to hold onto...so sad about the bookstore closing...i used to love to go in there on tuesday nights before class...it was so neat that hfbc had one.......now i'm realizing that i am postingacommenton the WRONG post!!! what a goof...this goes on your later one....duh like that isn't obvious....will be watching and reading your new chapter in life