Friday, January 23, 2009

Glue Update

I am happy to report that the glue did not permanently attach my socks to my skin. There was a little bit of sticky residue but it came right off with water...just like they said it would. I am thinking of using the glue on Roy's nose at night. It might cut down on the snoring and to rescue him if he had trouble breathing I could pour cold water on him. It's a win/win situation.

Being so inspired by cleaning out my desk at work, I began that same project on my desk at home. I've shredded a bunch of stuff and read a lot of cards. The cards are several years old, but they still make me happy to read them. These cards were timeless, but back to the desk. In fact I want to move the desk into our living room and we might do that tomorrow. If you hear Roy in the faint distance at your home you will know he is totally frustrated with me. The reason, I cannot stop laughing when we move furniture. And the desk is huge. We will have to take the door off the bedroom to get it into the hall...I will start laughing then I just know it. Roy will not be amused. I am beginning to giggle right now thinking about it.

Had Chinese food for dinner tonight. Seems like I've been on a Chinese food kick. I cannot get my fill of Orange Chicken. It was especially good tonight. Gave the the humph I needed to finish up the desk project.

Our regular mailman retired and mail delivery has not been the same. We are all becoming mail clerks here at the condos as we deliver misplaced mail to our friends and neighbors in the complex. The loud laughing lady was out and about today. I really don't want her to find out that I've retired cause I have a feeling she will be knocking at the door. Not a fan of the pop in guest unless it is someone I really, really want to see. Driving in today I noticed that Fern had been to the liquor store. She is going to be one happy camper when Spec's opens up over by China Love. She had a case of vodka and a case of Jack in the back of the Jeep. That should see her through (hopefully) the rest of winter and it won't be long until she is out at the pool reading her trashy, foot wiggling novels and searching for someone to talk to. I would hope she and the loud laughter could get together, but they really don't like each other.


This morning was one of those really sweet times with Buddy. I know how sad that I am getting ready to tell you that Buddy is my BFF. She is always a BFF in the mornings, then she gets moody and will attack later in the evening. Today she came in and woke me up by putting her paw repeatedly on my face. Once I awoke, she cuddled up next to me holding my arm with her paws. Then she fell asleep holding onto my arm and putting her head right up against my arm. Good thing Charles Swindoll was good this morning. Well, he is good every morning, but he especially had my interest today.


Again, if anyone can direct me to books about storms in the Bible I would really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like there is a real need for a well researched (and well written) biblestormbook as there do not seem to be many answers to your pleas!!!! Probably why your desk needed to make the trek to the livingroom!!!!

FitzandMolly said...

I could come and help you move furniture. I'll even help provide the sound effects.