Friday, January 16, 2009

NanaRandaModium

The title sounds like something for diarrhea, but it's not. Just some randomness of Nancy of Monablog.

  • There must have been a huge accident or incident this morning around 7:20 am. The roar of a low hovering helicopter reverberated throughout our home, waking me up. I was afraid to look out the window and see Don Armstrong or somebody else hovering in our courtyard and then cutaway to me and my bad bed hair looking out the window. Just seeing that beautiful site would cause hundreds of children to stay home from school feeling ill.
  • Everyone must have the Houston crud, even in Sugarland. I am on the downside of the crud but from time to time have a lingering cough. Cough came back at Emmanuel, God with us while getting our hair cut, while Michael was trying to wash and condition my hair. I read where it is more polite to cough into the crook of your elbow instead of covering your mouth with your hand. I was crouping in the crook alright. Embarrassing! Must have been the way my head was tilted back that caused the tickle in my throat. Cause once sitting in a full and upright position, the coughing stopped.
  • I am so ready to be retired. While in Sugarland I made at stop at Academy. Found some cute Addidas capri workout pants in different colors than what I found yesterday. Oh course before I wear said cute capri workout pants, my legs are going to have to give up the Nazerite vow they took before the holidays...you know, no blade to touch the skin or hair. I hate to break that vow now especially with everything grown out so nice and silky to the touch. But I would hate for anyone to think I was European due to my lack of shaving. Uh, my underarms never made that vow nor would they ever be likely too. That is just gross.
  • Some of my tennis friends and I have been in touch and we are planning on a reunion lunch in the next few months. Very few of us even play tennis anymore. I am looking forward to it.
  • I cooked dinner this afternoon. The shock of cooking dinner and me actually cooking on a Friday has been a definite shock to Roy's system. He sounded rather strange on the phone when I informed him and he questioned me at great length to make sure aliens from outer space hadn't taken over my body.
  • One thing that I am definitely looking forward to in my retirement is, not making phone calls for information. I have always HATED doing that and had succeeded in Roy always doing that kind of thing our whole entire married life.
  • On the first Tuesday of February I cannot wait to text my former table mates in Retreat Staff. I will say something like, while you have been motivated and inspired, while you have solved all the problems facing the church and have done so in a timely fashion, I am just now rolling out of bed. That won't be true, they'll still be in the meeting taking care of bidness.
  • This week I have been afflicted with dry skin and the location of the dry skin...near the end of my nose. So when there has been this little flake of skin I have done my best to rid my nostril area of it. Cause at a fast glance it looks like a white head and I don't want anyone to think I have let myself run around all day with a white head at the end of my nose. It's not pretty people, dry skin in winter.
  • I am looking for a book about all the storms in the Bible. If anyone knows of such a book will you let me know or even if you know good commentaries that would address this subject in detail...that would be awesome.

Oh there is totally more randomness going on inside me, but I have to stop. I have groceries in the trunk of my car that need to be brought in. Just the fact that I am willing to do this is going to send Roy over the edge again thinking aliens have taken over me. Well, they can't over take me cause Jesus lives in me and there ain't anymore room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

storms is it? tres interessant (sp?) Mr. Shakespeare was curious about storms too...Lear was a biggie out of many! Have fun with the storms....finished with trees for now?

Amanda said...

Um, that is just wrong about your leg hair taking the Nazirite vow. Ha! I definitely have the crud too. No fun. And wintery alligator hands. Awful!

Ali said...

you make me laugh out loud. I am so glad you cooked dinner, but the grocery thing - just be careful - that might be a step too far :-)

Anonymous said...

Reading the word "retirement" in your post caused my heart to leap with joy! :D

I have decided to "semi-retire" - and will only be working 27 hours a week (3 days)! I can hardly wait to get back to a women's bible study during the day and being able to keep up with everything at home...leaving me time on the weekends for family fun!

Sure miss seeing you!