Friday, January 30, 2009

Feels Like a Regular Friday

Peggy called me this morning, but first she texted and asked if I was still in my jammies. Of course not, I took Roy to the Westin Hotel to rent a car, stopped at Starbucks, shopped at the Play Grocery Store and I was in the midst of sorting books. It doesn't seem like my first day off since I had Fridays off. Monday it will feel like the first day mainly because of Sunday night. On Sunday nights you begin to gear up for work, think about what you are going to wear, and is there anything to take for lunch? Sunday nights will be different from now on, well at least for awhile. I have never liked Sunday nights because of Monday. I have a feeling this will change.


Roy left for Shreveport this morning. Great news in that the past few days his mom has been off the ventilator for 12 hours and this morning they are to remove the tubes. He talked with his youngest brother last night. They were laughing at how everyone falls back into their family pecking order. He is 15 years younger than Mike, second youngest who is my age. So Patrick feels like no one is telling him anything cause he's the youngest. Mike is trying to control everything when it is not his job to control and Roy is calm and just resisting everything Mike is throwing at him. I get the feeling that Mike is not happy that Roy is coming alone. I sent a gift for he and his wife and explained to him why I am not there. Family dynamics, we all have them.


I am being A D D in my work this morning. I start one thing, leave it and move to the next thing only to come back to the first thing. I started working on my books and making room for the ones I brought home from the office, which led to cleaning my bathroom and then all the sudden I got interested in laundry. I am sure one of these things will get finished today.


Well, this isn't much of a post but I needed to have something to entertain me while taking a break. If I started reading, nothing else would get done at all.

4 comments:

Ali said...

When I gave up full-time work the best thing was the Sunday nights. Oh how I love a Sunday night when I'm not working Monday!

Mind you, it's been a while .....

I understand what you say about the reading too :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that Monday might become your favorite day!

LMS

Anonymous said...

so maybe hfbc needs a version of halfprice books!#@!

Anonymous said...

What is the Play Grocery Store?