Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Very Productive Saturday

Saturday...usually we use the time to get caught up from the previous week. That means Roy is at the office and I am here at home. On Saturdays around here I go from project to project, plan to plan and may never fully complete anything that gets started. The project carries over to Sunday evening or the next Saturday. What a difference having Roy home on Saturdays. The pace in getting tasks organized and taken care of escalates.


He hit the pavement early this morning with a big box of books for Half Price Books. Slowly but surely we are going through books and realizing as much as we think we may return to a book or even read the book, chances are slim. So the book goes in the box. Roy finds it more difficult to part with books than I do. This surprises me because I am the collector and he is the gleaner of knowledge. The box that went this morning is a combination of Southern and spiritual, with one typing book that Roy was quite sure whether he should relinquish or not. Please!!!! Roy came home with $41.50. Not bad at all. We have this tradition of using our HP money to go out for lunch. We were debating between Pappasitta's and Lupe's. In my book you can't go wrong with either choice, but we chose Pappasitta's because I have been wanting their Tortilla Soup.


We took the clothes to the cleaners and then ran by the office so that Roy could "help" (read do all the lifting) with some of the boxes I have packed up. We got three of them in the trunk. Not an easy feat with such a small trunk. Then we went to Little Pappasita's for lunch. We had a great time, great conversation and then it turned into a dinning experience. We don't want to linger over our leftovers, we are people who have stuff to do and we want to get on with the day. Roy is glaring at our waiter. I reminded Roy of the t shirt he had on today, a Houston's First Baptist t shirt... Roy is much more patient than me but today I was the one with patience and he was figuring out the bill and planned to leave the money without a generous tip, an OK tip is what he had in mind if the guy didn't come by our table soon. When Nick the waiter made his way to us, he was more interested in clearing the table and offering us the dessert menu. Yea, we looked like we wanted to stay, Roy is holding his jacket and halfway standing up and I have my purse on my lap and cell phone out updating Facebook. He should have just walked away but it makes me wonder if there is some kind of Pappasita's rule that the table must be cleared away. Roy told me to go on out to the car while he paid the bill. Uh, being the submissive wife that I am, no really I am, I went outside to the car. Roy doesn't get mad or miffed very often and when he is leaning that way, I get the heck out of Dodge. When Roy arrived in the safe confines of Mustang Sally I asked if he had said something to the waiter. No, God's love won out and he said nothing but thank you and did his usual generous tip. I am very proud of Roy.


We tried to go to Whole Foods, but from a distance we could tell there weren't any parking places. So we went on to Kroger's. He went with me because math was involved in today's shopping. It was one of those deals where you buy a combination of 10 things to get $5.00 off. I just didn't have it in me today to wrestle with math.

Came home, unloaded the car, put groceries up, called a friend, Roy took my car in for inspection and I took a nap. Roy just got back from the Shell station and Mustang Sally got her oil changed and she passed inspection.

Not bad for a Saturday. We didn't move my desk today. Even with CourtneyS generous offer which I would not take her up on because she's pregnant, moving doesn't seem to be in the plans. Besides she and I would start laughing and Roy would be worse off.

No comments: