Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not Much, Just Have Some Time

Great Scott in the morning! I am going in later today because Wednesdays are just too long for me anymore. I thought I should turn on the dishwasher and also start a load of laundry before getting ready for work. Ah, no water. That happens a lot in a condo community where emergency repairs without a lot of warning can happen from time to time. This is really one of those times I would have loved some warning. So I may go in a little later than I had planned.


I have such a bad case of senioritis. I want to finish up what needs to be done and I am not looking for any new projects. Some days it is just difficult but I still want to finish out strong.


The other day I awoke in the middle of the night to a program on sacred classical music. It had my attention for just a few moments before falling back into sleep. I heard Hallelujah from the Mount of Olives and another piece I recognized from back in the day choir, but don't know the title. One line is, " declares the firmament, declares the firmament. The wonder of His love, the wonder of His love, declares the firmament." I don't know what that exactly means. Then the man who moderated the program talked a little about the harpsichord. I fell asleep then at the beginning of an harpsichord piece that increased in speed as the song went on. I had this thought, if they had it back in Mozart's day, they could have all played harpsichord hero.


Roy and I are trying to make a decision about going to Seattle in May. Southwest Airlines is running a 50% off special there. The catch is only having three days to make the decision. I have looked at the flights and committing to flying all day both ways seems to be the only way to get the deal. So, we are trying to decide if it would be worth it. Seattle is best in July or August, so we are taking a chance on a rainy stay. The pros of the trip, seeing my friend Beth. We have known each other since the 6th grade. She'll be in Houston at the end of the month for a short visit. We have already made plans. The other pro of the trip would be going to the flagship Nordstrom. It would be like going to Mecca or Jerusalem...a high holy place. :)


Well, the water just came on so I better catch a shower while I can.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Seattle in July is amazing. :) When I was there in July, I think we were in the city for 3 days and did not have a single overcast day! A miracle, they say there. Between Nordstrom and Starbucks, how can you make a wrong decision? ;)