Monday, April 12, 2010

And Now a Word from......

Another beautiful day here in H-Town. When Roy called around 11:20 asking me if his meds were here and if so could I bring them to him downtown, I checked in the cabinet and told him I would be downtown in a jiff. Great top down weather.


Yesterday, we went to Pappasita's for brunch. We went to church but skipped out on Sunday School. I know we call it Sunday Bible Study, but heck it doesn't sound so bad when one writes skipping Sunday School. Roy ordered the pancakes and they were the lightest, fluffiest pancakes I've ever tasted. And triple score, they were pecan pancakes. I went with my usual migas but dang, next time it will be the pancake breakfast for sure. Don't know about other Pappasita's but the one on I-10 serves them on Saturday and Sunday. Next time you're looking for breakfast out on a weekend, give them a try. Our waitress told us they aren't busy on Saturday mornings. Oh, they open at 9:30. I'm thinking we might have to make a Saturday breakfast run this weekend.


On Friday evening we made a return trip to the land of sugar. Back to Super Target for another rug runner. We looked at Memorial City but they didn't have the style. Love those 10% discount days.


Finished a couple of books this weekend and love the feeling of having another stack to go through. Started the new Robert Whitlow book this afternoon. It was difficult to put down and go work out with Debbie. I had to miss both workouts last week with her due to the A/C guy and his schedule. On Saturday I stuck very close to home. Had a couple of showers to attend, but with a change in some of my meds and supplements, I knew I needed to stick close to home. So glad I did. I'll get gifts to the intended soon.


Sunday evening I went to workout at Lifetime. When I returned to the car in the parking garage there was the noise of an engine roaring, horns honking and just some general chaos. Stuff like that makes me a tad bit nervous. The engine sounded like a souped up motorcycle or sports car. I could only imagine some thugs or something challenging people in the parking garage. As I sat in my car and prepared to leave, I saw what was making all that terrible and intimidating noise. It was some kid reviving up the motor on a suburban, probably his mother's and probably burning up the engine as he race around the parking garage, in the wrong direction. I put the top down and prepared to leave. Coming up to me was a security officer, on a bike. He asked if I was the one creating all the commotion? Now, he probably felt a little silly when he realized he had a 55 year old woman sitting there, with the Carpenter's playing in the background. No garage cop, it's some kid in his mom's suburban and he went that a way! Thank you mam, didn't mean to disturb you. Me-no disturbance taken. Good luck on catching them on that bike....no I didn't say the last part but I sure was thinking it.

Well, that's about it for the day.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I didn't know Pappasitos did breakfast. We might have to check them out because we are big breakfast people!