Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Monablog 2007

Seems like everyone is writing a book or has a website or has a full calendar of speaking dates. Well, I'm not participating with any of those things but I did receive something today that belongs in the genre of writing. Today the 2007 edition of Monablog came. Had a soft cover edition made. I didn't do too much editing for 2007 but will edit more for 2008 and 2009. It has been a lot of fun reading through all those 2007 posts. Since it was all so new back then, the posts are much more poignant than those of recent writing. Last year I let a comment affect the direction of Monablog. It was made by someone I've met but doesn't know me very well, if at all. So, I being so mature, just went opposite of what they suggested, disregarded their observation of my recent shallowness and I never published their comment. But in the long run, I went a different direction because so many blogs that used to be fun to read were becoming a running Bible study lesson. Not that I don't like the Word and reading what others want to share, but it has become this thing of, this is what the Lord showed me 20 minutes ago and my panties were all in a bunch because I could not post this fast enough. Maybe that Word was for just them and maybe, just maybe God would like them to meditate just a little bit before expounding on a blog. I digress, anyway I'll begin working on the 2008 edition just leaving in posts that have some meaning. This is a great companion to journals. Journals are for writing and praying out the tough stuff. Hardly do I ever sit and write down all the fun cause fun needs an audience.


Also got some exciting news today from the Amish furniture store. Our chairs are here and are ready to be delivered. So, they will be delivered around 2:00 tomorrow. Jennifer, I will get to formally meet your husband. GPS doesn't work in finding our home. GPS will send you close to the Houstonian or Stablewood (I wish). Then the condo has all kinds of rules about checking in etc... so I am sure the guy who called thinks I am some kind of detail and control nut. I just know how this works from a lot of experience.


I've officially lost 109 pounds. A few more and I will have lost Peggy. Think I have already lost Kelly Matte a long time ago. I'm so glad that strawberries and blackberries are coming into season. The nectarines from Chile were becoming kind of boring to me. Then bananas and apples are the back up staples of fruitdom here. Roy has discovered Korean pears and Onco Blancos or something like that. Neither of those peak my interests.


It was so much fun to run into Susan K yesterday. We do love some books. We were trading titles and stories so fast that I need to email her and ask that she repeat all the titles she was telling me about. They all sounded good. I'm reading Greater Love by Robert Whitlow. I have loved it so far but today I hit the part of the story that I don't like the direction it is going. Of course after completing the book, I might feel differently. Since it stung so hard maybe God is trying to get my attention about some things in my own heart.


Last night my dizzy and vertigo affected friend and I went out for dinner. I volunteered to bring her something but she was in the mood to get out and about. Our choice for our dining pleasure, seafood. Had shrimp gumbo...beefsteak tomatoes with spinach and feta cheese, and boiled shrimp. We split everything but the gumbo. Very delicious. We had emailed during the day and right before going to workout with Debbie, Vera Vertigo sent an email with our dinner conversation agenda. I had asked so many questions that if we didn't have a guide, we would have never covered everything. I love having such an organized friend. Yesterday, was a day filled with seeing friends. Not that I have blind friends and I would welcome a blind friend, it's just re-reading that sentence I realized how incorrect it was grammatically. Hmm, maybe I'm the dizzy one.

3 comments:

Tillie said...

congrats on almost loosing a Peggy!! You are my inspiration!

On the Amish furniture - YEA!! I love that store! I hope some day to get something from there!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I want to have my first year bound....Where did you have it done....

I am so proud of your weight loss.....and keep posting just as you....There are enough Bible Study blogs....

Marty H said...

I do love your humor - keep it up, girlfriend!