Monday, April 26, 2010

Target is Just So Tempting Right Now

Seriously, Target has too many way cute things in the store right now. I came home with a new top but left a picture there that would really work well in our bedroom. Have to think on these things. Looked through all the summer clothes, bright colored towels and sheets and all kinds of other fun stuff. Really love the framed print...hmm...maybe I will measure the space over our bed and see if it just might fit. Must resist temptation...think about crunches, not Nestle's but abs. Think about difficult workouts, must not think on...there it's gone. Only now I am thinking of several books I saw at Barnes and Noble the other day. I think they would really like to come stay with me a little while. I am reading a great non fiction book right now, Rebel Deb, the account of one young woman's fall from cotillion grace into her own brand of debutanting. Very funny too!
I'm having too much fun and way more adventure now in trying to buy clothes. My brain still has trouble getting around the fact that the body it is housed in is smaller. A couple of weeks ago I was trying on some stuff and brought a skirt into the dressing room. It was long enough but bunched up funny around the waist. I bravely left the safe confines of the dressing room and went to ask the sales associate what I was doing wrong. Well, to start with, the skirt was really a strapless sundress and that cummerbund of a waistline was really supposed to be around my Betty's. Oh...so...I made the excuse that I dern't no any better or Betty's because they don't have stuff like this in the plus size dept, which is where I have spent the majority of my adult life shopping. Come on, be kind, don't hate. Well, really no one hated, we all laughed. I'm way more careful now when I'm picking out skirts.

.


Hey, hanging on a hanger it looks way different than when it is on a person. Just sayin'.


Took Mustang Sally for a bath today. Lots less people at the car wash on Monday. Even vacuumed out all the yellow pollen covering the backseat. It is one of those beautiful days to be out and about in a convertible.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

at least you didn't get stuck in the dress like I did... congratulations on 111!