Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Night, Just Buddy and Me...and of Course the Lord

Whoa, a Friday evening by myself. That hasn't happened since Roy came home from his mission trip. It's not like I am looking for Friday nights alone and of course there was that time in my life when a Friday night at home was a death knell. Those days were long, long ago. Actually, this is the first Rice baseball game that Roy has been able to make all season. He looked so cute driving off in Mustang Sally, top down. Of course I was happy to appreciate that, not actually being in the car with him. His driving scares me. Apparently it has no affect on him whatsoever.


I am also using our laptop which has returned from Micro Center with a new keyboard and battery. Keyboard under warranty, battery....um no. Roy picked it up Monday night before going to workout. Of course every day he has been asking me, have you used the laptop yet? So...here I am using it and sitting right next to the big screen and faster computer but now I can say, why yes I have.


Loved Project Runway last night. Seth Arron had great designs but for over all work during the season Emilio should probably have won. But it's like law school and passing the bar. Very little of what you learn in law school is on the bar exam. This was a good season much better than the last one in LA.


I was on emergency driver stand by this afternoon but fortunately, my services were not needed.


I'm loving my continuing study of the life of Elijah. There is so much for us in his story. He even copped an attitude which now makes me understand the verse in James 5, where Elijah was a person just like us. We are going to look at his life and some lessons from his life at the admin retreat in a couple of weeks. Beginning to fine tune and get everything I am hearing from the Lord processed.


So today it was like Christmas because of all the packages that were delivered today. I've mentioned before that we are starting on ground zero for clothes, since nothing fits anymore. Today was a milestone, Ebenezer type day. I actually fit in some size 12 shorts that I ordered. All the reviews said, runs large, order a size smaller. Almost didn't do that and today in front of the mirror I stood amazed and in disbelief that I was wearing a size 12. I cannot tell you long it has been since size 12 days...could be back in the same days of not wanting to be at home on a Friday night... I've kind of plateaued right now on 109 lost pounds but so happy my blood glucose has been like 110 in the mornings. In January it was 523. So on Tuesday morning, I go for labs and blood work, then a little stop at Buffalo Grill and then to a massage, not with Stacey. Don't know how I will like this but once Stacey and I get back on track schedule wise, that will be good.


Well, that's about it. Roy is emailing me from the ballpark and it doesn't look good for Rice. The game is just in the second inning. I began reading the new book we got on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Oh, looking so forward to our trip in May.

1 comment:

Marty H said...

WooHoo on size 12! You go girl!