Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Re-cap ala Monablog Style

What was a rainy afternoon has turned into a pretty spring afternoon. I really need to go workout but I'm taking the chance while having it to update the ole blog. To say that Roy loves this new computer isn't saying enough. He is able to get a lot of work done at home now and he is having too much fun finding out all the neat capabilities of this baby. Personally, I love the touch screen capabilities of the new computer. Much easier to play games. He watched The Blind Side on it Friday night. The picture is really great. I didn't realize he had gotten Blue Ray on it. So computer time when Roy is home is slim to none. He went to workout and then pick up dinners from My Fit Foods. We are a divided home when it comes to workout facilities. He goes to 24 Hour Fitness and I go to Lifetime.


I love our new chairs we ordered in January just about as much or maybe even more than Roy loves the new computer. I need to take pictures of the chairs and post them. On Friday night while Roy watched the Blind Side, I was sitting in the glider reading Greater Love, the new book by Robert Whitlow. Since Friday, I've spent a lot of time in that chair. I went to Bible study Thursday morning but didn't stay for lecture. I was on my way home when Scott called and said they were running early on deliveries and could they come in about 30 minutes. Of course and to insure that I made great time on the freeway, I jumped onto the Easy Tag lane and zipped home. It was raining but miraculously stopped right when everything arrived. It is a ding donged dang pain to have deliveries here. So much red tape but as I told Scott, it used to be so much worse! They got the chairs in and delivered. It was really nice meeting Jennifer's husband. He is just so nice! Good man you have there Jennifer! Anyway, after we visited a few minutes about the lack of any easy ability to have an easy and stress free delivery here (oh sounded all like having a baby there for a minute) I teased Scott and told him I was going to go back over there and order some big old hutch for delivery. The color drained out of his face. I see that Amish Craftsman is having a sale on dinner tables. I might have to make a little look see at the store this week. We have been discussing getting a new dinning room table and chairs...and maybe even a hutch. You know we need a hutch to display the china that looks like a 23 year old picked it out. Jennifer, don't tell Scott. :)


Thursday evening I drove over to see where Lisa P works in Rice Village. It was a wonderfully cool evening, so I went in Mustang Sally, top down. Hers not mine. It is nice to be able to place where Lisa works when she talks about work.


Yesterday morning, Roy and I went for brunch at the Pappasita's on I-10. Oh my, it was so delicious! We were the only people for the longest time and we laughed at those who were standing in line for 59 Diner or Buffalo Grille or La Peep. What could be better eating? Chips and salsa, pecan pancakes, eggs and jalapeno sausage. After breakfast, we waddled out to the car and went to Academy to look at shoes for Roy. Of course, I found shoes, not Roy. We went to the Home Goods store and Pier One. We got home around 1:00. I was shocked that time had gone by so quickly but we really had a very fun morning.


Last night I tried Tasti Delite. I had read about it on Amanda's blog, nope on Living Proof's Blog... Anyway, went to the store in the Galleria area. Oh my, so very good! What a treat! Love that it is so close to us and when I'm craving something sweet, it's just a few miles away. It has been easier than in the past to say no to cookies and cake but ice cream or frozen yogurt has always been difficult. My serving of French Vanilla and strawberries was just about 100 calories. I had been to dinner and shopping with a friend in the late afternoon. We ate at Grand Lux and saying no to their desserts had to be struggled with way before I entered Grand Lux. That conversation and decision was made at home. That is something I have learned while losing weight, I have to make up my mind beforehand about what I will be eating, not in the heat of an emotional moment with temptation screaming at me in a restaurant.


Today's sermon was so good. Sometimes when the sermon touches on marriage, you kind of feel guilty that maybe you aren't being all you can be. We both got through this one OK. The only time I had to look at Roy and smile was about hearing the same story several times and knowing the ending but having the solution. I patted Roy's hand. He is a good listener and bless him, he hears some of my stories several times, from different points of view while I am processing the information. When we were first married, he would interrupt and tell me the solution to the whole ordeal. Yea, that went over really well. Since I was feeling a little light headed this morning, I didn't sing in choir. Wow, the choir sounded awesome! Roy and I had lunch at The Nord because I had some clothes to return. Sad to see them go back to the store but they are just too big and couldn't justify keeping them. While we were eating I got a text and then a call from Peggy. They were home! They stayed an extra four days in Israel, so they didn't get stuck in London with the rest of the group. It was so good to hear her voice and I can't wait to see pics and hear stories. When we came home, I headed for a nap. And now on the computer. Guess if I want my new clothes to keep fitting, I need to go workout.

3 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love every post you ever write...and especially love hearing about your newest EATING finds...

marty h said...

I have been missing you in choir. Hope you are feeling better. I have loved Greg's series too. He is something - glad Peggy made it home and am praying the London crew will be home before too much longer.

Jennifer said...

You had me laughing outloud. He said the building was awful getting into it, but that you were so sweet! You should see some of the places he has to deliver, so I am sure he won't mind if you order a table and chairs.