Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter After Glo

Monday morning after Easter. I must admit to being a little tired today but yesterday was so much, well just so much of everything Easter. The choir sang in all three services yesterday and it was such a special way of worshipping the Risen King of Kings! Loved hearing Pastor Gregg's sermon three times. No really! But Easter celebrations began that morning reading all the accounts in the Gospels of Easter while eating breakfast. The most important meal and reading of the day. When I got home after the second service, Roy had lunch ready and it was delicious. Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, a gumbo style mix of veggies, Texas caviar and strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. Such deliciousness sent me to nap time a very happy girl. Roy and I realized at lunch this is the first year we have not had any Easter candy, at all. Guess in hindsight that's what we gave up for lent.

Thursday evening Roy and I went out to dinner, and then to Memorial City Mall to look for a dress I could wear to a funeral. The dress also needed to be able to multi task and serve for other things. We found one at Dillard's. I didn't even try it on, I was worn out. Funny how an emotional subject from the past can do that. Peggy and I were recalling at lunch a trip I had taken years ago that didn't end well with me and the "friend" I went with. Now looking back with older eyes I can see it differently. But that emotional look back drained me. Like my therapist says, emotions take energy. That conversation was not something I saw coming but I'm glad it did since it helped facilitate a more honest look back at a particularly stressful trip and time. Oh, I did try the dress on Saturday and it fits. That is more than I can say for the one I wore on Sunday. Way too big! Didn't matter, I was covered up in a choir robe most of the morning.

Roy's weekend was consumed by taxes, by ours, his mother's, the estate and his last client. Ours were particularly difficult this year, but he got them done. Roy also graciously helped me move our dresser to another spot in our bedroom. Looks so much better in its new place. I didn't even start laughing because laughing is what I do when moving furniture. Now, when we moved the cedar chest, he brought home from his mother's, that is when the laughter started. It wasn't too bad because the cedar chest is light and can be moved while laughing hysterically.

So this morning finds me waiting at home, for an A/C guy and for a new computer to be delivered. I had wanted to go to see Lisa P at work, but that doesn't look like that is going to happen today. Just talked to my mom and wished her a Happy 81 Birthday and I need to call CourtneyS and wish her a Happy Birthday too.

Happy and glorious Easter Monday y'all!


Grami's girls said...

We had a great Easter at church and then with family and Easter eggs! You are blessed you have had your mom this long!

Jennifer said...

Happy Easter one day late! And we are going to try your church in a few weeks. My sister and mom keep telling me how wonderful Gregg is and we are finally giving in and trying it.

courtney said...

you need to call me next time you need to move furniture. Moriah will be happy to make the noises for you!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

We had a fun Easter...but so tired today....and spent most of the day in the dentist...a crown came off that was connected to a bridge.....a broken bridge, so some major dental work to be done...YUK