Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Night Catch Up

I need to catch up on the Wonderstruck challenge.  I've been doing it but not posting anything about it.  The three days I need to catch up on are sky, stillness and dream.  With the last few days being so beautiful and dare I say spring like, doing all three at one time is not difficult.  Yesterday's challenge was stillness and Thursdays sometimes can be the busiest day of the week but I grabbed sometime yesterday afternoon to be still and know that He is God.  Looking at the sky and appreciating the beauty on Wednesday brought about such deep thankfulness for the foggy hues to the deep blue with puffs of white clouds.  Dream, today, has kind of been on the run.  This challenge is doing what it is intended to do, drawing me nearer to God and the wonder and awe of who He is. 

Roy took today off because we had workmen coming to our house.  He took advantage of the early morning and went to Good Ole Boys for breakfast.  He had jalapeno cheese grits and crab and shrimp tamales.  There is more standard fare, but that's not what Roy enjoys for breakfast.  It is now evening and he just ran to the store for ice cream.  He says breakfast has talked to him through his stomach all day.  I had a 10:00 pedi appointment but when I showed up, they didn't have me down.  In hindsight, I knew I must have had the wrong salon because when I asked for an appointment with Lisa the lady told me she only works on Saturday and Sunday.  It dawned on me, where I go is not open on Sunday.  Fortunately, Lisa wasn't booked at 10:00 and I got to have my regular visit with her.  Checked in with Roy after my appointment and work men were still here, so I ran over to Home Goods and found a few things I had no idea I needed for the house. 

Once all the guys working around here left, Roy and I grabbed lunch at Spring Creek and then headed over to Lowe's.  Ah yes, the joy of trading in an empty propane tank for a new one (this means Roy will be grilling again) and some top soil to fill in a couple of places in the yard where water has a tendency to stand.  We talked of making a few other stops on the way home but opted for the direct route home.  We were both so tired and I could feel the draw of a nap coming on. 

Last night I met Dena for dinner.  Both of our schedules have been a little hectic so we were both happy to find a Thursday night free.  Great fun and great conversations.  And I will add, great fajitas and grilled shrimp. 

I cannot even begin to express my love of choir and the direction and guidance of John Bolin.  We had a productive rehearsal as we went over a number of new songs for the spring.  I loved his encouragement of legacy and what a godly legacy looks like.  He read twenty off the top of his head sayings his father had instilled in him.  I'd like a copy of them.  Some were deep, some were full of common sense, and quite a few of them were rather funny. 

Since the temps are supposed to be rather nice tomorrow, I will probably finish clearing out the back flower bed and think through what I would like to plant this year.  Whole Foods opens on Wednesday and I read in the paper this morning that this Whole Foods will have a grilled cheese bar.  Now that is going to be something.  Then Spouts is opening in March and soon it will be time for the produce stand to open.  Going to be a healthy spring, well I guess grilled cheese isn't that healthy but it is good for the spirit. 

No comments: