Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saturday Repose into Sunday Morning Thoughts

I must be getting over jet lag, I got up at 6:00 am.  This past week I've been wide awake at 5:00 am.  The house is quiet.  Roy has gone to Bible study and Buddy has wandered off to this week's hiding place.  On my second cup of coffee and just finished a delicious breakfast of cinnamon toast.  If the weather holds, later today we will cart Christmas decor to storage and then have a late lunch of fajitas.  I love these kinds of Saturdays, with no urgency and nothing we have to do.  Next weekend will look much different than today, so I am taking it all in. 

I pulled out my copy of Going Places With God this morning and looked through it while eating breakfast.  I cannot say enough good about this book.  His travelogue essay at the end of the book is a must read for anyone who has gone, is going or wants to go to Israel.  He puts it all, spiritual, emotional, physical and thinkafal (hey, I was going with an al theme with the words and had to complete the theme) together in such a well written essay.  I don't think I will ever look at the maps in the back of my Bible in the same way.  Truthfully, I don't think I will ever read the Bible in the same way. 

Yesterday I made my appointment for a sixth month check-up and discussion of the next step in this heart journey.  This whole heart thing has been such a roller coaster ride.  Gets better then a new problem crops up, gets better and another new problem presents itself.  The trip was an eye opener because I really thought I had overcome a lot when it comes to fatigue and the like, but it opened my eyes that daily life can be couched in parameters, dictated by Doctors, as only a temporary state.  When pressed my numbers were up and down the chart.  I cannot take care of getting new knees until I get a better running heart.  There's a Sunday School lesson in there somewhere.  I can't do required cardio because of the condition of my right knee.  It's a circle and I am looking forward to the repetitive cycle to cease and move onto a straight path. 

My good shepherd from Bethlehem came Thursday.  Actually, the real good shepherd came almost 2000 years ago so really it is just my olive wood shepherd came.  He is still out in the garage and I need to unwrap him and find a place where I can see him.  Thinking my reading room would be the best place.  I also got a couple of cute olive wood lambs to go out in my lamb collection in the casita bedroom. 

Sunday Morning
****Taking down Christmas and getting it to storage took up the bigger part of the morning.  Our unit is right by a door so unloading in the drizzle wasn't too bad.  We did a pretty good job using our space and still have some left for any miscellaneous things that we might like to put in it.  I'm finished with laundry but have a few things I need to put up before it is all done.  I did unpack the olive wood shepherd and he looks great in the reading room.  Need to rearrange a few things in the room to better utilize space but I'm happy that he makes a fine addition to the room. 

I worked on homework last night before watching SF beat GB.  I also started reading the OT again starting with David and then going back to the 40 years in the wilderness marking each time I see the word wilderness.  This past summer I did something like that with the words path, journey, travel and way.  My take so far, lots and lots of references to the wilderness.  I know that personal and spiritual growth happens in the wilderness and I'm not a wilderness scout, always looking to be there.  In fact, I have spent a lot of time trying not to be in the wilderness.  After the Israel trip I am blown away by the hard, dry and rocky features.  I totally pictured something else. 

We are taking a sabbatical Sunday today, our last for a while.  Both of us are fighting off getting a cold and being with germie people who don't stay home when they are ill is not a good thing.  It isn't because we want to sleep in although I'm awake and Roy is still asleep.  Buddy is with me trying to help me write.  A good result of my trip is that Buddy has found out she can sleep other places beside my arm.  There's a part of me that is a little sad but the longer time of uninterrupted sleep has been rather nice. 

No comments: