Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Things

I'm officially typing this on my new lap top.  This seems pretty nice although I am not too keen on Windows 8.  Not to worry that always seems to be how I feel about new technology.  At first I hated the keyboard on my Nook and iPhone.  Now, I don't give it a second thought.  Finding everything under different tabs is still an adventure.

The wind is something fierce today.  The Wonderstruck Challenge is sunset.  I think I may have to pull one of the beautiful sunsets from Israel.  When we didn't have all the houses behind us, we had great access and viewing to the sunsets.  Now we get better sunrises since we have green space to our east.

While at the doctor office yesterday I finished up reading One Word Can Change Your Life.  It is a very quick read but full of interesting concepts and exercises.  Sometimes we can get overwhelmed with resolutions and by the middle of January we have broken almost everyone of them.  With this you chose one word.  You seek and ponder and pray over what that word should be and then you have your word for the year.  Even if you start in June, you just do that word for six months and then start the process anew.  I had several different words rolling around in my spirit but slowly but surely I had my choice down to two words. I told Dena the words I was considering but before I had heard back from her, I had made my choice and her email confirmed that I had picked the right word for this year.  I will probably do a separate blog post on this as I am doing the research and completing questions.

On Sunday Roy and I headed back out to Brookwood.  I had been out there Saturday while Roy worked on setting up this computer.  I wasn't gone nearly enough time.  Anyway, I told him about the Christmas decorations that were 75% off, even some of the very ones we had looked at and thought about buying in December.  I figured that the ones I liked would have already been purchased by now but when I saw the area with the outdoor stuff I was so excited to see the two main pieces that we liked were still there, barely.  Two ladies were looking at them and they decided they would come back after they ate and purchase them. Hah, the one who has already eaten lunch gets the prize.  While I went to find a cart two others started looking at what we wanted to buy but they walked on and I grabbed up what we had looked at and a few other pieces.  We got the stuff and then put it in the car and heck while we were out at Brookwood we might as well go inside and look at the indoor Christmas decorations that were 75% off.  We found two really cool reindeer  red glitter and some other decorative items.  As we were checking out I heard a lady say, someone bought the outdoor decor we wanted and now those two bought the reindeer we liked.  I didn't have the heart to say we were one in the same when it came to 75% Christmas purchases.

I have another round of doctor appointments tomorrow.  Since I will be in the area I hope to stop in at Trader Joe's.  I have only been to the one in Nashville and had a great time.  Sprouts will be opening in March out here in Rancho de Five.  I am more excited about their opening than Whole Food.

Leadership meeting was good this morning.  I thought the homework this week was more interesting and to tell the truth, easier to answer.  I love our sharing and praying time.  In the back of my mind I always wonder if I am doing a good job, if we cover the subjects in core group or if I am a tad lighthearted.  In the mail today I had a handwritten note from one of the ladies in the class and her note was so encouraging.  My word of the year came into play with the note and experienced once again God's confirmation that I am where He has planned all along for me to be.

OK, I better save this cause I have no idea if it will publish correctly or not.  Off to find an Israel sunset to post on FB and Twitter.


No comments: