Friday, January 18, 2013

Wonderstruck-Time, Hope and Afterwhile

It is a quiet morning here on the prairie.  The sun hasn't peeped over the horizon yet and construction noise on the last few homes being built in our neighborhood hasn't begun.  There is a little bit of down time before getting ready for an appointment later this morning.  I am praying for others that are not facing such a quiet morning today. 

Yesterday's Wonder Challenge was time.  We are to name two things that we won't give time to in exchange for better stewardship of the time we have.  This was a difficult challenge for me not because I don't want to give something up it's because I have given up so much to live in the parameters that need to be with my health.  I have to say no to a lot of fun things or things I really want to do in order not to be overly fatigued.  Granted, I do waste time some days and can justify it but I am going to be more diligent to use my time around home to be a better steward or should that be stewardess?  Oh well, but I want to use my time and materials wisely.  There's a flash back from back in the day report cards. 

Today's challenge is hope. 

Wonder Challenge: Sometimes music brings hope and encouragement into situations that may seem hopeless. What is one song or album that brought you restoration in difficult times? Post, tweet, or pin your favorite song, album, artist, or lyric that inspired you. Make sure to include #LIVEWONDERSTRUCK so we can find you!

These lyrics by Kirk Franklin ministered to me in a season of hopelessness.  In that season I would listen to this song and cry like a baby and those of you who know me well, know that I am not a crier.  The lyrics helped me to see hope.  The song helped me work through my disappointment and sadness.  I can hear this song now and it has become a victory song.  The words are so true and I hope you find hope in the lyrics just as I did and then claim the song as a testimony of victory.
 
"Afterwhile"
[Chorus:]
After a while, after a while
This too shall pass
After a while
Scars will heal, you’ll love again
It won’t hurt you after a while
It won’t hurt after a while

[Verse 1:]
Stuck between if and when
You pray and tried
But still no end
God’s purpose soon you’ll understand
It won’t hurt you after a while
It won’t hurt you after a while

[Chorus]

[Verse 2:]
So when the pain has come to an end
And now your heart is whole again
Help someone who needs to know
That it won’t hurt them after a while
It won’t hurt them after a while
It wont hurt them after a while

No comments: