Monday, January 5, 2015

Good Morning January!

Good Monday Morning!  Last day of the winter break out here in Rancho De Five.  When Roy got back from making a trip to the Kroger late yesterday afternoon for more Keruig Swiss Miss and whipped cream, he said the grocery store was packed with people getting ready to go back to work and school.

Play keeps us vital and alive.  It gives us an enthusiasm for life that is irreplaceable.  Without it, life just doesn't taste good.  Lucia Capocchione


It sounds like the journals were liked and a hit in Dena's class yesterday.  Peggy asked Dena why would I have so many journals?  Dena told her it was my addiction of choice and Peggy then could identify because her addiction is taking pictures and putting them together in books.  I was happy to hear that the ladies got to make their choices of which journal they wanted because there were several varieties, with the one common factor, narrow rule lines.  Love me some narrow lines.

Our contractor let us know this morning the granite install has been delayed until Thursday and Jonathan will be getting with us to hear what we want for our new front porch.  I know I would like it to extend to the driveway and maybe make it a little wider.  We will have to see what is doable and of course the cost.

It was so good to be back with Downton Abbey last night.  It seems to come with the change of football schedules.  No Sunday night game.  Roy is not a fan, so he went into the other room to watch something else.  It's usually me who goes to another room because I don't care for his choice of TV shows.

I just realized I made it through the Christmas season not hearing the shoe song or Happy Birthday Jesus song.  Now I did hear Baby It's Cold Outside more times than I can count sung by more duets that I can count but it didn't matter who was singing, it all sounded the same.  No distinct voices.  We listened to a lot of Holiday Traditions radio on our trip.  Another interesting thing, although those previous sentences were not all that interesting is some Christmas traditions that started about the time the Nazi's power over Germany started.  The term Yule and the emphasis of Santa wearing a red suit, coming from the North and discouraging the singing of Christmas Carols and putting in place winter solstice songs and songs that took attention away from Christianity or for that matter, any religion except the one they were trying to create.  I am reading the memoir of a German woman who grew up on mountain in Bavaria where the headquarters or wolf lair was located.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  
                                                                                                                               George Bernard Shaw


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You know, I heard a lot of "Baby It's Cold Outside" and I got really tired of it. My least favorite version was hearing 2 high school students sing it because I thought "That is totally inappropriate!"