Monday, March 27, 2017

Just A Little Catch Up

This has been a most productive day. The outdoors beckoned and so I responded. I got some garden hose stored away, raked a bunch of leaves and put out some outdoor furniture on the back deck. The birds looked on impatiently because there was fresh water and food waiting. A few things rearranged in the garage and then the upstairs called. Put up winter clothes but resisted the urge to pull out spring and summer things. Got lots of laundry done and shredded not so important documents. Guess it must be the spring cleaning bug. Last night I cleaned out the pantry and ditched the arrangement system I had in place and thought would surely work.

Yesterday, I met Taylor and we did my Friday workout. My right hip is not cooperating and getting with the program. Here is the lesson boys and girls, always do PT even when they tell you that since you're doing so well, you can quit. So, trying to break up scar tissue and the like is hard work, but I am willing to do it. I worked even after our time was up. Spent another thirty minutes on the elliptical machine. Then it was time to run a few errands which included Fresh Market, Stein Mart and CVS.  I kind of thought about going out for supper but decided to have leftover queso and ate a salad to balance out the calories.

Last night I had a very nice surprise when a friend from Houston called to chat. We are not phone talkers by habit but we have such a warm, memorable and fun friendship. Oh my gosh, I was laughing to the point of doing the wheezing laugh.
*********************************************************
Well, the weekend went by and I didn't get back to the ol' blog. It isn't that I don't have things to write about, but it just seemed to be a quiet time. I was so productive on Saturday and then totally lazy on Sunday. Guess that is ok since it is a day of rest.

We had a guest speaker Sunday morning, Maxim Katz from Israel. He was very good and interesting. We also got out of church at a halfway decent time. I will once again say I love my Sunday School class, now going by the term Life Group or something like that. No matter the new relevant term, I still love this class of women who love to serve, pray and have fun together.

Sunday evening we worked on the Easter musical coming up on the 9th. It is beautiful and very meaningful. When I got home I had a phone message from a friend and the rest of the evening was devoted to having a fun conversation.

This morning I worked out with Taylor and we reviewed my initial assessment. Progress has been made! Hallelujah!


No comments: