Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Cats, Bubba,Pajamas, Books and PTL

I now know where really good books go to die I mean books go to be misplaced. That would be in any of the various baskets around the house that are filled with notebooks, journals, Flow magazines, and well....books. Books that were dead I mean lost to me have been found.
🎢🎝🎜Rejoice, rejoice, the books are, well they've been here, (please cram as many words as possible on these notes) staying home again, rejoice rejoice go kill the fatted calf I mean go pick up some BBQπŸŽπ†”π…“π‡£π‡’π…Ÿπ†• Anyway, if you cannot tell, thrilled beyond words to find a few of these books, for such a time as this. Well, anytime is a good time for a book but these will be most helpful.

Another thing to be thrilled about is, in the midst of all the Feral Fam and I mean all the remaining Feral Fam, Riley came into the garage. Interesting though, she went to Punky, looked at her, then headed over toward the back door, stopped looked at her again almost saying, cause you know I speak the language of cats now, I wish, she was saying look, follow me. The food inside is much better, the treats are the premium kind and it is warm....
♮πŸŽœπ†” Little house in the woods, tall old lady by the window stood, saw a kitty walking by, helpless as can be...Help me help me help me it said, less those dogs kill me dead...Little kitty come inside, safely to abide....and have treats....πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅π…€

Yes it is music montage Monday here at the Monarch Minor Manor.

I am so thankful that Oscar Turner III, Bubba's, service was on the webcast at Houston's First Baptist Church this afternoon. We knew of him at church for years but when I started working with Jason at church...I got to know Bubba, cause Jason was married to the lovely Paige, who is one of Oscar and Claire's daughters. The service today so honored him, what he believed, what he loved and what an encourager he was to everyone. He would come into the Ministries Suite to see Jason and if I was fortunate that Jason was tied up for a few minutes, I would get to visit with Oscar and Claire if she was there with him. Roy and I got to spend time with their family a couple of Thanksgivings at their place in New Ulm. What a blast to be with the Turners, extended all. Chambers, oldest grandson, spoke today. He was my first assistant to help me on Wednesday nights. I was paying him $10.00 a week cause I didn't know the going rate of an assistant who helped me set up things for directors meeting. Jason made him give me the money back and Jason, who can go high pitched when he is making a point, told me I was paying him what he got a month for allowance. Hey, I am all about the outsourcing aspect of the economy. There are so few memorial services that are true and genuine...cause you know some people just are problems and you have to have a nice way of saying that they weren't when everyone knows that they were. Off the top of my head, Monroe Talley, Marge Caldwell and Mary Helen Davis's services come to mind as being truthful and genuine...
********************************
A cold Tuesday morning but not as cold as yesterday. It's about 23 degrees now but that was close to the high yesterday afternoon. Got a much better night of sleep and the cats seem to be happier with me this morning. Mama Cat probably isn't happy cause she is sitting out back waiting for breakfast and she will just have to wait a little longer.

Last night watching On Demand from Friday night 20/20. It was about Jim and Tammy Faye Baker. Totally forgot that their PTL network and Heritage amusement park were relatively close by. He was cutting edge in thinking outside the box in the Christian world, but he got caught up with the same things that have been tripping up people since the very beginning. An interesting look back and the commentary that in today's culture, instead of stepping back to "fix" things like they did, they would stay involved slugging out their destiny in the midst of it all.

Years ago when Nick and Nora jammies were all the rage, I got two pairs of I Love Lucy pajamas and an I Love Lucy nightshirt was given to me as a gift. Discovered them all nicely stored away and have been wearing them a lot this winter. If jammies can bring joy, these certainly do. Just a little something, just like the Barnes and Noble Sherpa socks...makes it feel a little warmer inwardly and outwardly.

Riley is coming along with being petted. She has come to discover the head rub around her ears and eyes. She still isn't quite sure of the back petting but she's coming around. Mornings seem to be the best time to attempt because once she has been outdoors and returns in the late afternoons to the garage, she is more feral than friendly. I still find it hard to believe she lets me pet her....

No comments: