Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Old News, Just A Week Late

It was a rainy, overcast, dreary, miserable, cold morning that began way too early. Like 3:30 am early because someone could not settle down, lie still and go back to sleep...no it wasn't me. Finally, I got up and began getting ready for a dental checkup appointment. All the normal ways of going toward the Biltmore area had lots of traffic and wrecks, so Google Girl suggested an alternate route and it worked out well...well, kind of but that is a boring story. Teeth cleaned and Glory Be To God, no cavities...no dental work needed, so I left with an appointment in July and the dental goody bag of toothpaste, dental floss and toothbrush. Most of the rain had tapered off and the options were considered but the choice was The Fresh Market for a few things and then a quick stop at Tractor Supply.

Riley was ready to roll outside upon returning home and opening that door comes with a prayer she'll want to come back. Because of time limits this morning we didn't play but she took her time deciding on her move...what was making her a little hesitant? Camo was out on the deck. Camo without any kittens. Brought out some food for her and put out a few treats for Riley and Camo took over and ate the treats...everything. Riley made her way up by the fence and went through the opening. A little later while downstairs, I looked out the window and Riley was making her way beside the fence and crossing over to the deck....so, I went and opened the backdoor and she came in like she had been doing this her whole life. She has a different attitude outdoors and even runs under the deck when I come near...but that backdoor opened and inside the garage, she is purring, looking for treats and rubbing around my legs. We played a little when she came in and then it was time to get into the house. Gale called yesterday and asked if I could teach this Sunday because Judy has the flu and Gale has a family thing...not a problem, we are in the midst of the plagues, Passover and passage. Oh alliteration, you are a Baptist's friend. So that means Exodus.
********
It was a rainy, overcast deary miserable, cold morning...but today I got to sleep in till almost 8:30. Thank goodness, cause I was really needing the rest. Because it is a rainy day it felt like a good day to stay inside and take care of things...ok, laundry but other than playing with Riley, petting Buddy and working on the lesson...that's it.

With all the rain I didn't give Riley the opportunity to go out but we have played a whole lot more than usual. Playing might be just the thing that helps her trust more. It is not having blankets or a soft bed to sleep on cause she seems to not like the softness or texture of blankets and bed. But she will chase a red laser light or a fish on a fishing pole for the longest time. Of course, she loves the food aspect and today, I added some of Buddy's prescription food to her bowl and Riley seems to find it very tasty. Trying to help her with gastro/ poopage issues. She is more loving in the morning and will rub her head on my legs but she also does that to the car...and boxes. Oh well, but she doesn't draw back as quickly when I put my hand for her to smell. Patience, but I am wanting her to drop all those months of being really, really feral and become really really domesticated.

The good news from yesterday, no cavities or work that needs to be done, see them in six months goes along with the semi good news Roy received.  Roy had a  dentist office visit too, having a crown put in. The Dr doesn't like how his other crowns have held up, that he installed, so he is going to replace them for free. Yea! All good news in the dental world.

My friend Brenda, well her hubby had knee replacement surgery today and it sounds like it all went well. Told them when they get home I will bring a meal...no I am not cooking! Larry doesn't like Italian food so I told him I was bringing pasta. Got a reaction so that means he is doing just fine.
******************
So, this is all old news but I feel like starting a new post, so this will have to do.

No comments: