Thursday, January 17, 2019

Kitty Cavalcade.....

It is the kitty cavalcade today. After the kitty cat title of fight the world last night in the garage, all the cats have come back to hear the story of a fight that ended in a draw. This morning it was definitely a wait and see to get out to the garage and feed Riley. Buddy was hyper-vigilant. Finally, not being able to stay awake, she made her way upstairs for her first morning nap. You know, I played it so cool, just like any other morning, getting ready, and then sneaking downstairs to get brunch to Riley. She was ready for it and a few treats. She no longer sleeps by the backdoor but has a hidey hole someplace. When the sun came out, we both headed out of the garage. There was a cat there to meet her outside and thankfully it is our neighbor's cat, neutered and nice. He was looking for some extra scraps, but with only Mama Cat around yesterday, not too much food was put out. By the time I was leaving, Punky had shown up. She meowed at me but kept a safe distance between us, so I whipped up some vittles and left. Upon arriving home, Camo had made an appearance to wolf down some food and then left. Punky was feeling a little deserted. She was interested in Riley but Riley kept her from getting too close. I do not understand the cat world, one day Riley is interested and the other cats reject, then today Riley is the reject dispenser in catdom. It was warm enough briefly to play with Riley and Punky with the fishing pole but the wind picked up and that sent me back inside. I am happy to report that Riley came in this evening. At first, I wasn't too sure she would but Camo was less than pleasant to Riley on her last round, so Riley came into the garage, got some treats and I am sure she is sound asleep because she was on the go all afternoon.

Ran a couple of errands this afternoon. Made a grocery store stop at Publix, brought all that home and put away most everything. Then it was onto The Baked Pie Company because they had lemon drop cheesecake pie today. Brenda told me how good it was, so, you know...it is delicious! Since no matter the route to Baked Pie Company, one has to go through Woodfin...where I got my ticket...first one in thirty one years. So, just in case, I go under the posted limit and dang it, I was so happy to do that cause one of those silver and black cars pulled into a spot to find a speeder. It wasn't going to be me...

After pie pickup it was time to get some birdseed at Tractor Supply. Sometimes I get so involved with the ferals that I forget the birds. Some warblers have found their way to the feeder and this is really nice. Came home, then took half a lemon drop cheesecake pie to Brenda and fam. Larry is recovering nicely from knee replacement surgery. Then on to the Exxon station to fill up the truck. There was a lot of parking available, so it seemed to be the right time to try out Ole's Guacamole. So, two steak tacos and queso. Y'all it was so good! Next time trying the shrimp tacos. Anyway, got it to go.

Buddy has been asleep for most of the evening and I am headed that way soon. It has been a good day and good sleep will be so welcomed.

The 2018 version of Monablog was delivered today. Thumbing through it...January seems to have a recurring theme. It's a quiet season and apparently I am over predictability. Wrote about it a lot last year and this year, well, I have been thinking about it a lot.
*****************************
Speaking of predictable, you know a post is going to cover a day or two or seven. This morning before Buddy came downstairs, I was able to get Riley fed. Then when I needed to get something out of the refrigerator in the garage, I just put Buddy in a bedroom. Riley was ready to go to the great outdoors and Punky was hanging around for breakfast. Since returning upstairs Buddy has kept an eye on me but she has finally given up because the call to sleep overtook her.

Today calls to me to be an ensconced day. No place I have to be, nowhere I have to go. Could be snow in the higher elevations today and we are told to expect a very cold Sunday into Monday. Don't know about ice or snow yet. The day began on a good note with a conversation with Lisa P.

Warden Buddy just did a walk about checking on my presence. Still here in the bonus room mam. Guess we need to have another talk about helping the orphans and widows.

No comments: