Wednesday, January 16, 2019

When Domestic and Feral Meet.....

Once again this morning by faith, Riley goes outdoors. You know I pray for that little one to be safe and to return. It's kind of chilly so it was a surprise that she went on out but for a kitty that has run free for all of her life except these past few weeks, the call has to be urging her onward and outward. She looks for Camo and fam but they haven't been around the past couple of days. At least this morning Riley went outside after eating breakfast cause yesterday, she didn't like what was being served.

This morning a godly man who loved God, his family and life went to be with the Lord. I loved talking with and listening to this wonderful man of God. It has been a while but while working at the church there were numerous opportunities to visit with him. You always came away encouraged.

So today, things were going along well with Riley. She went out for a bit and then came back into the garage. When I got home from The Fresh Market, the sun was out and feeling a bit warmer than earlier in the morning so she was out once again. She was into finding a mole when Mama Cat, her granny, showed up. I got her fed but she took a few swipes at Riley, cause granny is a cranky, cranky cat. While Riley was outside we played with the fishing pole and I got the yarn ball and for once it was very nice to have a steep driveway cause you throw the ball and it rolls down on its own. Riley was having so much fun chasing the ball. She had a great kick and twist thing going on. So playing today was a way to convince this little orphan cat that she is better off with me....well, that was until later in the afternoon. Even with the sun still shining the temps were beginning to cool off, so I called and here came Riley running to the garage door and safely inside. A little later I was going to go out to the garage and feed her. That little sneaky Buddy sat on the stairs looking like she was going to go on up but she waited till I opened the backdoor and that lil cat flew out that door and straight into Riley. There was a whole lot of shaking, hissing, and fighting going on. Those two cats took their fight under the Mustang. I called Buddy and was just about to set the alarm off on the car to scare them, Buddy came out from under the car and Riley ran over to another part of the garage to hide. It was just a few seconds, but those few seconds felt overwhelming and powerless. I am thankful that Buddy came when called. Maybe because she was in over her head messing with a street smart cat. A saving grace to the story is Riley is not an Alpha cat, so that was a blessing. Buddy looks ok, maybe just missing a little bit of fur. I mean Buddy was the aggressor and for an old lady she was pretty good. Riley pulled Buddy's collar off and it is probably underneath the car. I got Buddy into the house and then sat out there in the garage for a while to see if Riley would come to me. She would not. So back into the house and did another look see of Buddy. She's good and she's tired. But, she is keeping an eye on me and my travels. I was working in the front bedroom, she was in the bonus room but she came to see if I was working alone. If I go downstairs, she is there...she is kind of like Psalm 139 right now...if I go upstairs, Buddy is there. Where can I flee from her presence? If I make my bed, she is there. That cat is on all point bulletin. I did get Riley's supper out to her and a few treats. So, I will wait to see if Buddy will fall asleep.
***************************
A new day here in the kingdom of cats. Buddy slept close by me all night. That is normal almost every night but she settled in quickly and closer. She and I had a good talk earlier in the evening. I told her she had nothing to be jealous over, cause she is the cat of my heart but Riley, is an orphan and doesn't have a cat pack to run with. She is on her own out there in the world and we are just trying to help her. Hope Buddy understands, but gee, I am sneaking around to get out to the garage to check on Riley. It's exhausting! I don't know how people do this...not with cats but with others that are not their spouses. It takes a lot of energy.

The morning began in the 20's, with frost and fog. Don't know if it is freezing fog or not. The sun is supposed to show up this afternoon, so until the temps get a little warmer as for me and my house, we are staying in.

The other day the thought came, of all the preachers and pastors that have walked through my life. I'd say in but none of them have ever really been in my life, guess the closest would be Pastor Gregg, but that would only be when I was on staff at church. The first pastor I remember was Reverend Tharp. He was an old guy who was retired but helped the little church starting out. He was the pastor of Westbury Baptist when it was a mission church of River Oaks Baptist. My mom was the first person baptized at Westbury...she was a Christian but from another denomination and they didn't dunk, I mean immerse. Then, the mission became a church and the next pastor was Hoyt Greer, who had an affair with a woman in the church...broke up his home and hers, then they married. A W McGregor came next and what is memorable about him is, we sang Jesus Never Fails at the end of every service. During the song, he would make his way to the back exit of the sanctuary and greet as we left. His gait swift, head bowed and Bible tucked away in his left hand and arm. He resigned but a few years later he and his whole family died in a private plane crash. Then came Milton Cunningham, but by this time, I was a teenager who could drive and I went to Willow Meadows Baptist. Ralph Langley was the pastor, very kind man who loved Luke 15, the story of the prodigal son. At Southwest Texas, I went to First Baptist but can't remember the pastor's name but he had played for the Dallas Cowboys and he was nice looking.  Well, that seems like a good place to stop.

Going to check on Buddy who is asleep and then Riley, who might want to play but we will have to play quietly cause...we don't want to incur the wrath of Buddy.







No comments: