Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sunday Evening Catch Up

Because it seems to be the cat season of life and having an open schedule that makes it too tempting to stay around here and to be available for all the cats dining needs, oops wants, or to spend time with Buddy and help her get over her jealous feelings, I decided to get out this morning and go to a vintage barn sale. No, the barn was not for sale nor was it vintage, it was quite new...nor was it really what one would picture as a barn sale...like a huge barn. No, just a little small barn, almost just big enough to be considered a barn and not a shed. It was past Canton on one of my very favorite roads. Now, I am so glad that I did not get up early to go to this show cause being there at 10:30 ish was just perfect. Found a couple of things but dang, it was 27 degrees and I had dressed for the weather, lined Ugg boots, mittens that turn into gloves and a down jacket, a short period of time was enough for me. Since it is a beautiful day, I decided to do the scenic drive from 110 to 276 into Waynesville after shopping was perfect. Dropped in at Robin Blu and found some earrings and a necklace. The side trip to Robin Blu wasn't planned because you know, big barn sale...oh well, when they have another sale, I'll go cause cute stuff and parking isn't bad. Always take the truck though.

This morning Riley was out early. The kiddos were around and Mama Cat showed up to eat. When she went outside, it was dang cold but a warm up to 43 made things easier. Those cats love playing on the incline amongst the pine straw. This afternoon I called Riley who was on the deck. She came toward the backdoor and didn't seem too sure about calling it a day but she did. Went right to the treats she hadn't finished from this morning. Then she got a few more. Just a bit ago I introduced me sitting in a chair instead of the stairs. Scared her a tad, but the goal is for Riley to trust me even more so that when I can do so safely and efficiently, off the the vet Riley goes.

After thinking over for several weeks whether to continue with Taylor or not, I came to the decision yesterday to take a break. I have almost gone to workout with him for two years. He is the best and I credit so much of the good progress after knee replacements to him. He has helped with my balance and so many other things. He is the only trainer who I have worked with to solve my shoulder problem. After our conversation it sounds like he is considering another path of work and that would surely benefit his family but those who need functional fitness health...well, it will be our loss.
****************************
Finally, after several weeks of bad weather we were all back to the church house this morning. I did a combo lesson from the last two weeks and today. Today's lesson merely got a shout out, but we mainly looked at manna and previous to that the detour God took the Hebrew children on after leaving Egypt. It seems the church heater wasn't working properly and the rooms felt warmish, the sanctuary was pretty dang cool. Even this one who tends to the warm side thought it was a little coolish but very bearable.

Riley went out early this morning and then when I came home to empty bowls and sad faces, of course dinner was served. Riley came in for some treats but then went back outside to join her cousins. Buddy was happy to see me cause she knows she's getting treats. I totally forgot about precip forming on the truck and so happy to be running a little early so that the ice could melt. Even got the scrapper out. Yes, a purchase made in 2010, never used in Houston has come to be very useful here in the mountains. This afternoon like clockwork Riley sat on the deck railing looking at the backdoor. So, opened it and she came running in. Mama Cat was showing some interest and it doesn't seem that Riley is too keen on sharing the space with her grandmother...I don't blame her.

Well the winter watch just came through on the phone for Tuesday. Rain event at first and then changes to snow. It won't last long, well that is the predictions.

Roy is working on another toastmaster speech. He is driven and wants to go through the ranks at a breakneck speed. He's an overachiever so that makes sense. I'm enjoying watching him using humor in his speeches. Humor or at least telling a story is a weak point for him but there has been so much improvement. So glad he is tackling this challenge.


No comments: