Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Meet a Friend and Some Other Stuff

I would like to introduce you to a friend. Her name is Amy and she has started blogging. Check hers out. You will not be disappointed. She writes about a devotion we heard in Ministries Staff Meeting last week. I too have been contemplating and thinking about Doug's words. She put it together in a great way. So be blessed by Amy. I am for sure.

Other than that, I really have nothing to blog about. But if you are a reader of Monablog, you know that has never stopped me. Today seemed like a long, long day. We were without the Internet for most of our work day. Jason had given me quite a bit to research and I was stymied in my work. We only had intra office email and we were sick of emailing only each other by the end of the day.

This is merely an observation, not a complaint. We have a Lunch and Learn coming up. I don't know, but if it is really that important...maybe the learning should be done on work time...not lunch time. I'm just saying. Free lunch just doesn't entice me. It has to be a pretty good lunch for me to totally get excited over the whole lunch and learn concept. The next one we have coming up, I won't be there. Since it is during my birthday week, Roy and I have plans for a long weekend. So, I will probably have to take part in a cake and cliftnote session.

Friday is the official beginning of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It is a good one, so if you are by the Galleria, take a look. The sale goes till August 3, but sometimes the best stuff is gone in the first week.

Roy has been getting home at a decent time this week. It has been so refreshing to have dinner with him and stay up for a while for everything to digest instead of wolfing something down at 9:00 ish. He would really like me to come walk with him at the CLC, but it is hard to go back to the workplace, even when that section of the church has nothing to do with my job.

I am reading the Ann Rice book, Christ Our Lord, Out of Egypt. I love this book. I will close with something I read in it the other night. Jesus' uncle is talking to him about Roman rule. He says, it is best to be under the rule of those who have a full cup. Interesting thought. Of course we know being ruled and led by Jesus, He has a full cup and the blessings overflow onto our lives. But thinking about the people we work for, spend time with, are family with and friends with. It is a good thing to be around people whose lives are a full cup. They are not insecure, grabbing at everything for security. They know who they are in Christ Jesus, so they don't have to micromanage or be Holy Spirit, Jr in other's lives. Full cup people are generous with their time, resources, thoughts and prayers.

Just some of the thoughts both nonsencial and serious from Monablog.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're liking Christ the Lord so far. I liked the second one even better.