Saturday, July 19, 2008

More Things I Like

This is the second Saturday in a row Roy has not gone into the office to get caught up. Oh, there is still stuff waiting on him, but he has come to a quality decision he needs to get away from the office, especially on Saturday. I like this.

He met with the walk/run club from HFBC this morning. So, he did his walking in Memorial Park and did his cool down in the CLC. I was sleeping in this morning, so he came home quietly as not to wake me. I like that. When I finally woke up and began making my way to the kitchen, my sense of smell was assaulted by this HORRIBLE odor. For a moment I thought our neighbors next door were cooking one of their wild connoctions. Sometimes when that happens, the scent of it drifts into our home. Out come candles and room spray to take the odor away. After some quick detective work I pinpointed the guilty odorfender...it was stinky Roy. He got in the shower and I put his clothes in the washing machine. Both he and the clothes came out spring fresh. I like that.

Last night we decided to tackle part of his closet. We went through his dress shirts. The Mission Training Center is now the proud giver away-er of the 75 dress shirts he took over there this morning. I like that. What I didn't like is to find out a lot of the shirts I thought he loved, he hated. He doesn't shop and I do and all these years of buying shirts and he told me he liked them. Then to find out he didn't...I have to be honest, my feelings got hurt. Very hurt. So, as we would go through the keep or give away shirts, a pattern developed and I could pick out the shirts he wasn't going to keep. My feelings aren't hurt anymore. We don't go to bed miffed, annoyed or mad at each other. In our early years of marriage there were many nights we stayed up all night. Last night it was easy to get over and I had to take back the remark that he could buy his own shirts from now on. We both agree that would be scary. I like that.

Roy took on his den/closet today. I LOVE that. If Poweraid or Gator Aid is on sale, Roy buys it, a lot of it and in mass quantities. Then he stacks it in his den/closet. Today we cleaned out what was left of our spice cabinet. I think some of those spices would have qualified as antiques. Anyway, our spice cabinet is now our sports drink cabinet. He also cleaned out some other stuff he has stacked in there and now we are able to walk in without an obstacle course. I like that.

We went to the cleaners, the gas station and the Kroger. He carried in the dry cleaning, filled up my car and carried in all the groceries. I like that.

I really like that Bunko begins in August and I get to spend time with friends I love to be around. I am growing out my nails. I will have to be at The Midsummer Night's Thing on July 30. So I will do Bunko, Babes and Burgers to hone my skills. That is going to be a fun night for the fam. Splash night for the toddies, New Groove Night for the kiddos, Bunko for the women and a game night for the guys. Burgers and hot dogs are $5.00 bucks. What a deal!

I like the books I have been reading. All of them are keeping my attention. Peggy tells the story when she and I took a girls trip in 1999. It was about the time that John Kennedy died and that was all the news. The clip of him announcing his mother's death was played over and over. He said that his mother died peacefully in the company of family, friends and her books. Peggy said who would want to die with their books and I said, I would! She gives me grief over that. There was a time when Roy and I traveled about 60 % of the year. And when we were gone, I missed family and friends...but I really missed my books the most. I could not wait to get home to them. I am not that attached to them now, but I am not beyond the fact I could miss my books.

Yesterday, at the Anniversary Sale, I noticed that we women were so helpful with one another. One lady asked me who cut my hair and before I knew it a whole group of women were around me, touching and commenting on my hair. We all began to give hair product tips to each other...
I bought some makeup and a woman was debating what moisturizer to use and I happily gave my endorsement of the product. We had a wonderful conversation. A couple of women helped me make the decision of which watch to buy. When I was in the men's dept, not one man made a comment as we all dug through the pile of size 16neck, sleeve 35 shirts. Not one man said that shade of blue would look great to another man. Not one man helped the other when you heard a guy say, I am looking for a blue stripe shirt. No one said, what sleeve length or here's one! It was sadly silent in the men's dept. So I quickly purchased Roy's shirts and went to pick up some clothes that I had pre-ordered at the pre-sale. I like that women will help one another when one is without a friend who would be helping with these decisions. I like that.

You would probably like for me to wrap up what I like at this moment, so I shall. I like that.

No comments: