Thursday, July 24, 2008

What Goes Up Must Come Down


It's something about the elevators today. It started this morning. I rushed out the door and grabbed the elevator then remembered my phone.... when I came back in the electricity did the flutters. Never quite going off but off long enough for me to be so very thankful I was not in the elevator. I took the stairs.

Came into church and the strong aroma of glue or epoxy hit me dead on. I kind of held my breath while waiting til the elevator came. The man getting off said, hope you don't get stuck like I did. Just keep pushing "door open" and eventually you'll get out. I took the stairs.

When I left for lunch, I took the stairs.

When I came back from lunch, I forgot about the elevator issues. Sure enough I got in...punched the button. No movement. Push 2 again...nothing. Madly I push open door, open door, open door...a whole lot more times than I care to write. The doors groaned and made a slight movement. Finally, after several minutes the door slowly opens. I believe I escaped through a door open 3 inches wide. I took the stairs.

Today, I had an exciting lunch with Annette. Her blog is Annie's Eyes. We connected through blog land. She is a Siesta from Beth Moore's blog. Time flew by as we talked, laughed and of course ate lunch. You've heard it before, it was as if we had known each other for a long time. Hope you go to the link and read her blog. She has depth and insight into the scriptures and has a great sense of humor and fun.

It is nice to have a rainy day now and then. It has been so long since we have really had one. It felt fallish. Oh no, fall fever is hitting me sooner this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the wonderful church elevators! I got into the elevator and stood there by myself for at least a couple of minutes before I realized that it wasn't moving!! Thanks for the therapy session today!

LMS

Jennifer said...

Gotta love the elevators. I think it is the middle one that always gets stuck and the one on the end that kinda drops as it goes down at first. I stick to the stairs!

Profbaugh said...

No elevators at our church. We're lucky to have two levels and stairs!!

Oh and you guys needed some pix of your lunch meet-up!

Can't wait to see you in SA!

~Cheryl

annette said...

Oh, you didn't mention the elevators earlier. You know we could have co-miserated over that for a while after the airplane talk! Glad you are safe. And we should have brought the camera!
Happy Friday. Love, Annette

Cosmo said...

I wanted to write something witty about the term for fear of elevators. You know, "something" phobia. But apparantely there isn't such a term because it has to be Greek and they didn't have elevators back in the day.

The best I came across was Otisitis which is quite clever I think. Do you have any suggestions? Or maybe Dana does. She's the wordsmith, right?

Anyway, think of all that exercise. You might never need to take an elevator again!