Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Might as Well Face it I'm Addicted to........

The evening started so innocently. Really it did. Roy needs some thick socks for outdoors walking. I volunteered to go to Sports Authority to get him a couple of pairs tonight while he is at the Astro's game with a friend. So after I made the purchase instead of leaving and coming straight home, I wandered to the end of the shopping center thinking that I would just check things out. DSW did not lure me, neither did Pier One, but I had no strength what so ever to resist especially when there is a sale going on. Two cars pulled out in front of me almost hitting Mustang Sally, but I was not deterred. I parked and went inside. I didn't start with a shopping cart, but time was short before I procured one for usage. There were things that we really need and dang it, they are on sale. So after picking up a few things I headed to the check out but not before going down my very favorite aisle. My weakness stared me in the face and I succumbed to the notebooks especially since I noticed that there were only a few left of the type I like. Three sounded like a good and holy number, so that is what I picked up.


Hi, my name is Nancy. It had been 3 months since I had been to

I'll begin anew tomorrow from abstaining from the dream of organization After all tomorrow is another day.

Cue Gone With the Wind music....ahhhh ahhhhh ahhhhh ahhhh.....

7 comments:

jené said...

So what did you think of the newly remodeled store? We will have been open in this location for 20 years as of next week. You need to sneak away from work one day and come see me while I am there. I work Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Glad you are addicted to a place that can help you.

jené said...

P.S. You were so intent on getting to our store that you didn't notice Pier One is closed. They left early this month. On the upside, Kenny and Ziggy's is expanding into the space Bombay used to have.

Profbaugh said...

Okay, I'm still grinning, Nancy. I just love reading your blog!!! You are so stinkin' funny. Can't wait to meet you at the Siesta Fiesta.

Much love,
~Cheryl

Nancy Mon said...

You are right, I didn't even notice that Pier One was gone, but I did think Kenny and Ziggy should expand. I thought the store looked really great and as usual, everyone was so helpful. I will get away one day and make it in while you are working.

Cheryl, I am so glad the blog makes you laugh. Writing energizes me.

Unknown said...

That is so funny! I MUST go to the Container Store!

annette said...

Oh I am hopelessly in love with office supplies in the same vision I think we share of being organized. Interesting, the contrast of words, Organizing Junkie. Okay where are the C.S. Anonymous meetings held? I might need to attend one myself. At least you admit your weakness. Very cute post. Love, A

Dana said...

You know, as much as my mom drummed into us that "there is a place for everything, and everything in its place" and how that has caused me to love all things container...I've never been to The Container Store. Surely I must go.