Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 2 in the Pew

Last week I wrote about my pew experience and quickly I will report on this Sunday's experience. This Sunday was new all the way around. The past three Sundays, I have felt dizzy and faint coming into church. Each week it lessens and I think I have determined what I do differently on Sunday than all the other days of the week. I did ask Roy if he thought I was under spiritual attack. He looks at me like, what in the world? He thoughtfully answered, why would the enemy be attacking you? You don't do anything of importance on Sunday mornings. Well, thank you Roy. (I am smiling as I write this...no surprise in his answer, it is such a Royism) This morning Roy drove us to church and dropped me off at the, here is one of my all time favorite words, porta cache. I went in and got us a seat and Roy parked the car. Roy usually doesn't drive. On our honeymoon he handed me the keys to the car and said, I don't care if I ever drive again. Now he drives, but if it is the two of us, he prefers me to drive. After riding with him through the years, I am of the same opinion. I am not alone in this, his friends share the same opinion. Friends don't let Roy think and drive. I don't let him stink and drive...see yesterday's post.

OK, off task. Back to the story. I sit on the row that Roy likes to sit on. I couldn't help but look over in the direction of where I sat last week...and there were people in the seats and the row. Not the people from last week who gave me a difficult time. So note to preferred pew people, you should get to church on time to get your seats. I am waiting on Roy when a man comes up to me. I am thinking , oh no whose seats are we in now? Not to be! He says, welcome to the section. Loved it, not welcome to church, welcome to the section. Love it! Hope you have a good Sunday. Are you a guest or member here at HFBC? We had a pleasant conversation and he went back to his chair. Praise Him! He came over and greeted Roy during the welcome time.

When Roy came in to sit, he didn't have his Bible and notebook. I asked him about that and just then he realized he left them in the car. He would have to go after the service to get them for Sunday School. Roy had post tramatic stress disorder from parking the car in the tini tiny spaces in the South parking lot. Thankfully, after church we went out to lunch with Dena and we all rode in her car. Roy was concerned we would never be able to get in the car due to the close proximity of being between two trucks.

Had a funny text message from Peggy this morning and she left me a voice mail to listen to after church. They are in Waco for the day but she wanted to let me know I was a Clean Cabin Girl for the Blast from the Past deal for Johnny. No dance moves or costumes, just need to know the words. Less than a week out and working on this, I say we are really planning too far in advance!

This week I am going to post some of Dena's pictures from Buchart Gardens. Her pictures are much better than mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to know that there are no costumes and no dance moves - just words! And glad to hear that we have someone in the church that knows how to greet people!

LMS

JAK said...

Pew experience REDEEMED! props to the friendly dude!