Friday, July 18, 2008

Of These Things I Like



I am going to do a post very similar to CourtneyS, Things I Like at the Moment. Of course she always refers to delicious menus and dishes she's created. There will be nothing of the sort here in this post, unless the food being referred to has been prepared by someone other than me.

1. I like the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that began today. The store opened at 8:00, but I didn't arrive until 8:30. I didn't even make it off the first floor until after 10:00. Found lots of beautiful jewelry and another watch, which I really don't need, but it was on sale and so very, very cute. Roy usually doesn't fare too well on the opening day of the sale, that is until this year. I found 7 shirts for him.

2. I really like very much the friends God has brought in my life. Emily made me crack up laughing with her Facebook note to me of which I read while shopping today. She knew where I was this morning. Lisa and I talked a couple of times before and after my arrival at the store. We tried to make lunch plans, but my massage appointment messed those plans up. On the way home today I passed by a small store and saw Dena's car. Gave her a bippity boppity boo call and then went on my way to the play grocery store. I got to have lunch with Peggy, Jenny and Stephanie on Wednesday...at the Nord. We laughed so much and so hard. I didn't want to go back to work, but I did. CourtneyS and I had a TBD moment this week after she worked out. This will not mean much to anyone else but us, but the Christmas song, In the Bleak Mid Winter has brought much joy to us. Why wouldn't it? Isn't this one of the songs you look forward to singing every Christmas?

In the bleak midwinter, frost wind made moan, earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone; snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow, in the bleak midwinter, long ago.

On my trip to Alaska I learned that glaciers are made by snow on snow. Now the song makes a bit of sense. I will miss this holiday season CourtneyS at the office answering snow on snow when I called. Then I have all my blogging friends, known and unknown. A new world opened.

3. Cherry turnovers. I am really liking them lately.

4.Coming home for lunch during the week. I get some things taken care of around home and not everything is waiting for me when I get home. Being home at lunch is taking care of that desire to be around home more.

5. Naps. Enough said. Just the mention of naps makes me want to have one right now. So, I will post more later on what I like at the moment.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You don't have to post this, but I am so pumped about bunko!

Etta said...

I LIKE this post Nancy! Nice positive stuff :o)