Monday, July 7, 2008

WWJE?




Where would Jesus eat? I would have named several places before Saturday, but after having cupcakes from Crave, I believe I know what and where Jesus would eat. These cupcakes are heavenly, divine and dare I say sacred? Yes, I dare so to say... Y'all there is a piece of heaven on earth and it is in Uptown Park!
Remember how I was writing about Saturday stuff. Content to laze around the house and read? Sometime after 2:00 Dena called and asked us to meet her and the fam for dinner at McCormick... Put a call into Roy and we were soon there to meet the Lees for din din. We also planned a field trip to check out the cupcake heaven in this part of town, Crave. Actually, every time I see the name Crave I think of a Sunday School class in the Summit Singles. The name of the class, Crave. They might want to rethink and rename their class Crave again.
Roy and I met the Lee fam and had a great time. Mr. Lee might not have because Dena and her mom kept telling him how to eat his shrimp. Roy was totally on his side saying, let him alone to eat his shrimp how he wants to. I don't know if our waiter quite knew what to do with us. We were laughing at everything, wolfing down our fried shrimp, telling others how to eat the shrimp and then right back to laughter. The crowning moment was the cole slaw. Dena had let her plate go but her dad hadn't touched his slaw and he let her have his. So, she got it to go. The to go box looked like a dessert box and how all that cole slaw juice didn't run out of the bottom of the container, I will never know. That thing got turned upside down, waved through the air and knocked about on the table. Roy bemoaned the fact that if that was our box, it wouldn't even make it into the car. He has a thing about leftovers. I am happy to report that Dena had that slaw as a part of her lunch today.
We declined dessert at McCormicks and headed over to Crave. Apparently the word is out cause that place was hopping! Starbucks was empty, cupcake place had people waiting outside the door. You can watch them make the cupcakes but we were more interested in getting them. I can recommend the Red Velvet cupcakes. Roy got Carrot and he said they were to die for. OK, Roy would never say that. I just wanted to see if you are really reading or now dreaming about iced, delicious cupcakes. He loved the Carrot. Everyone else got chocolate and reported they are most delicious. It is a good sign when vanilla is sold out. I think I will need to make another field trip. The iced coffee looked wonderful. I can't fool you, I am going for another cupcake(s).

7 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds like Sprinkles! I must go there immediately! Thanks for the heads up!

Laurie M said...

You went, you went! I was so anxious to hear how they were. Now, go try Sugarbabies for comparision.

The Synnott's said...

i will be there soon!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, cupcakes should be their own stinkin' food group! You so know how I feel about those amazing little things! :)

Seems as if I will be making a trip to cure a "craving" SOON!

Michelle said...

those look delicious!!!!! thanks for telling us about it! btw...i heard that bunko is in our near future!!!!!! i am so excited!

Kay Altic said...

the altics concur as well...mary ann got us the lemon, vanilla, and choc. to celebrate the news of our boy...they are awesome...i had one a day old just about 5 minutes ago and it was still awesome! Crave gets our vote over sugarbabies any day...jerrell

Lauren said...

What in the world?! I am missing way too much living in Boston. Fancy cupcakes?! I need one. Yes, I said NEED.