Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bowling...Holy Rollers...and Laughter

Today was the staff Christmas party at HFBC. It was an awesome get together. We had lunch and then bowled at the remodeled and totally fine bowling alley on Bunker Hill. I was a lame, I mean lane captain. First game we bowled like always and the second game was wacky bowling. That was a lot of fun to watch. I only made it through the first game. I brought and wore my knee brace, but I could tell bowling was a little too much on my heart. David Well, Amy Kuntz and I had a blast looking up bowling cliches and using them as if we banter in bowling colloquialisms all the time. It was an afternoon filled with laughs and good times. I thought all the Midwesterners on our staff should be really good at bowling. Not the case at all. There were a couple of ringers that brought their own ball and shoes. I left around 2:00 and came on home where I promptly took a nap until 5:00.

On the way to the bowing alley I received a call from the cardiologist office. They want to move up my appointment. So now I will go in before Christmas, which is a blessing. I won't have to worry if I over do it a little food wise on Christmas day. I told them I was on my way to go bowling. They didn't seem to be too thrilled about that, but I assured them I would not over do it.

We had Ministries Staff meeting this morning. I love this group of friends. We work hard, but also laugh and enjoy one another. We honored Jason and all his hard work this morning. I think Jason was deeply touched.

It won't be too much longer and I will be on vacation...yahoo! OK, I know some of you are thinking well heck, you are not fully back in the office yet, what's the big deal? The deal is just some needed time to enjoy friends and family, stock up on rest cause we will hit the floor running when we all get back from the holidays, and I have a stack of books on my nightstand that are just begging to be read.

No comments: