Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday Stream of Thoughts

I learned a couple of years ago to take the Monday after Thanksgiving off instead of the Monday before. After all the time off, giving thanks, being with family and friends, frantically getting things done that we have put off too long, sleeping in and leaning forward into Christmas is a whole lot to take in over the period of 4-5 days. Thus the Monday to readjust while readjustment happens at the office. I have the morning and then this afternoon Peggy and I are going to hang out. Yep, I am really glad to have taken off Monday.

Origins keeps sending me emails with all kinds of shopping inducements. Today's may just have my attention. I am silly sick in love with Origins Ginger. I start wearing it on Thanksgiving weekend and through New Years. Well, I wear it at other times of the year but it is a holiday mainstay.



Roy has iTunes back on the computer. I think we are just back to normal, she said with a grin. Well, normal in everything that a computer should be able to do. Roy spent the afternoon with techs and got everything back on here. It is in different places than before, but heck that is what keeps you young, stretching the mind. No this is not a 70's LSD drug reference, although that is my generation's claim to fame. That reference would be mind blowing or a reference to the all time hit, by the Chi Lights, Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time.



Please overlook all my misspellings, for some reason blogger is spell checking in French today. I checked my settings and I have it dialed up for English, yet there is the French lurking behind the spell check icon. O La La...now spell check is not working, maybe they are fixing, pardon my French, the problem. O Pepe Le Phew...where are you now?



I think we have become the offsite showroom for Carpet World or Carpet Giant. I'm just saying, but I think that HFBC has made a deal with somebody cause we got every kind of carpet going on in the building. Since I am ADD the constant change is nice, but due to the Ultram ER the constant change has no consistancy. Think I will make a pictorial blog of all the choices you have at First. Just off the top of my head, there is the old red combo carpet in the CLC entrance, new blue pattern carpet on the CLC main floor around the gym, blue track carpet, second floor new carpet up to the Worship Center area where it branches off into three different modes (don't know if that is a carpet representation of the Trinity or not). The blue carpet with brown insets is interesting. We could play flag football in the hall and have our first down markers already in place. Into the different offices is a plethera of different carpets or flooring. The blue with brown inset carpet is paired with the new stairway carpet that runs into the quasi Worship Center theme, second floor classroom hallway carpet. The new stairway carpet goes down into the beige, oh we didn't think this choice through, main foyer carpet that wraps around both sides of the downstairs Worship Center. Did I mention that the carpet in the elevators is different? It is a verible cornicopia of carpeting. And this is off the top of my head, a walk through would be more insightful, a great tour and something for the fam during the holidays. I know we are in remodel, financial upheaval transition, but it is pretty funny if you think about it.



I am in mourning. The five finger girl painting has been removed and I know not where they've laid it.

I have been watching trends of late. So I wonder since Starbucks is not the hot trend anymore, how are churches going to respond who have bet the farm that this trend and interior design would be a long standing, recession proof withstanding one? Don't think fair trade coffee is going to be enough. Churches are going to have to go eco green. It's a hot trend right now, but a lifestyle changing choice in the long run. It is being a good steward. I follow a marketing blog and it has done a great job in processing all the mind sets that are coming so fast and furious right now. Seems a dominate way of thinking is the clearance mindset. I am not a highly trained professional and by the way, I am really suprised that marketing's professional organizations don't have a continuing education requirement. Roy has to keep up his hours for both his legal and CPA license. Seems like all professionals whether they be in marketing, advertisement, communications, lawyers, accountants, stock brokers, church staff, pilots or engineers should have some kind of professional development requirements to be able to keep current and excellent in the chosen professions with work or licensing ramifications. Some of the above mentioned do, I am in a stream of consciencenous mode. OK, now I have done it. I took a rabbit trail and I have no clue now what I was going to say about trends. I think it was on the clearance mindset... Oh well. Another day, another time.

I better stop because I need to get ready to meet Peggy. And maybe get a couple of my errands ran beforehand. Thanks for listening to my ramblings this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I haven't noticed the carpets. I did pick up on the "new" smell. We got our Abby a new bed and she (when forced) lay down on it and promptly sneezed multiple times to tell me it wasn't going to work--a dog with allergies-joy. Enjoy your day off with Peggy. So many other directions to comment, but I will stop with carpet...Your brain works overtime, Girl. Love, Annette

FitzandMolly said...

i guess being around that place so much, i have never really taken notice of how many different carpets we have. the red clc combo is butt-ugly, by the way.

Profbaugh said...

Nancy,

You never fail to make me smile, even when I'm feeling under the weather. I can't believe there are that many carpet choices. You must take some pictures so I can get the full effect (I'm a visual learner).

Hope you're have a great day off with Peggy. Say "hi" to her from me.

Much love,
~Cheryl