Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sightings...

Luck be a lady at the play grocery store, I saw the 90 year old hootchie mama again. I wrote about her before with the low riders and her midriff showing... Due to the cooler temps, she didn't bare her midriff today, but she had on low rider jeans with a white shirt tucked in and a black blazer. She looked really cute. She must wear size 0 or size negative 3. In fact we were parked side by side in the lot and I was so tempted to take a picture of her only I would have to look like I was taking a picture of something else and that is deceptive. I truly thought of her today in terms of does she know Jesus? Probably not...her summer outfit kind of gives her away as well as the flirting she does with the young sackers. It really is sad and not funny. I asked the Lord to make a way for me to begin talking with her. I need to get on her grocery store schedule.

If I am ever looking for a job when I am much older, I think I will apply at Macy's. I have been helped by some of the oldest senior adult women ever while shopping there. On Monday, with coupons in hand, I went to Memorial City. I just happened to find another pair of Michael Kors pants deeply discounted to $25.00. Also found a couple of other things... the lady that was checking everyone out was ancient. If you had a regular shopping experience, it was OK. Anything out of the ordinary...oh, that was another question all together. The kind lady in line let me go ahead of her because she had an extraordinary problem with a refund and the saleslady was about ready to have a coronary episode. Good thing I carry my pills with me. Believe me, I helped the saleslady by removing the hangers and folding the clothes. I would have taken off the security device if I only knew how. She was so sweet and trying so hard, but you could tell she was very, very nervous. Maybe it was her first week or something. I am going to look for her every time I go to Macy's so that I can begin to share the love of Jesus with her. She just needs to be able to hold on to that job so I can begin visiting with her.

I worked a full day yesterday. Wow, it took a lot out of me to do that. I am not yet quite there yet working all day, but I feel like I am getting closer. It is going to be hard to give up those late afternoon naps. There are so many loose ends to tie up before leaving for the holidays and time running out.

Today I talked with Penny and gave her my list of presents that I will be purchasing from The Nord. Tomorrow starts the customer appreciation event and for every dollar spent you get 10 Nordstrom points per dollar and that adds up to getting some Nordy Notes to spend. So Penny will go to the different depts and get the things I asked for and wrap them and I pick them up tomorrow. Wow, I love the Nord. That just about takes care of the last of my list. Most everyone else wants gift cards.

No comments: