Sunday, December 14, 2008

Spending Time with the Nieces at The Nord

Thanksgiving week my brother and nieces came into town for the holidays. Megan, Erin and I did one of our favorite things that as of late and until they no longer want to do it, includes time at the Nordstrom Spa. Since Megan and Erin will soon be 17 and 15 I thought they might like to do a facial or massage, but I had not talked to them about it, so I went with the pedicures.




This is Erin relaxing.


Megan is relaxing and waiting for a Depth Regcharger Elixir.






This is me and my baby brother Doug.
No visit is complete until Dena joins us for dinner or to do something fun. Thanksgiving week, she was getting ready for her trip to Singapore and Australia. So she had time to join us all for dinner at Collina's but no Christmas Light Hunt. The girls were disappointed in both facts, that Dena would not join us like she traditionally has or that we found many lights. Only Highland Village seemed to be lit up. The good thing about that is we made a stop at Anthropologie.



Uncle Fancy Pants, Foo 2, Aunt Foo Foo and Foo getting ready for our brisk and cold hunt for Christmas lights.

Uncle Pants, also called Uncle Fartlando...(don't ask besides it is not what you think) all bundled up with our orders of hot chocy. Well, he had the orders but hadn't gone in yet to get the hot chocy.

We waited in Mustang Sally ready for a good night of lights. Since the pickings were slim I kept taking them on the same street about 3 times. They caught on the second time around.
I realized this afternoon I had already posted the pictures from San Antonio. Hopefully, my brain will soon return to its original owner.

2 comments:

jené said...

I love spending time with my nieces and nephews. We have had a lot of adventures over the years and I try to always be the aunt with whom they have the most fun. As I have no children of my own I am looking for one of them to take pity on me in my old age and take me in. Thankfully there are twelve of them so the odds are in my favor!

Anonymous said...

I want a Depth Regcharger Elixir....that sounds too good to be true! I miss you......Em