Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Stuff

This evening Roy came home before 6:00 pm. I was shocked, surprised and delighted. Other than Fridays, he hasn't been able to get home until after 8:00 pm. This has been the regular routine since the first of November. He came home to a surprise, I had dinner prepared...well prepared by the Play Grocery store, but that is much better than anything I fix.


In fact as I was pulling into the parking lot at Rice Epicurean this afternoon, just in front of me was a black jag. I was so excited because I thought it was the hip 90 year old lady that I want to talk to and share the Lord with her. It wasn't. Rice had a keyboard player playing holiday tunes for the shoppers. He was very good and I left a tip in his tip jar.


Too bad the cold weather leaves tonight. It was invigorating to be out and about today. I took a walk around the parking lot taking in the cold. Errands were a joy today and on the way home I treated myself to a skinny Cinnamon Dolce.


If you are looking for a good read I can recommend Providence by Chris Coppernoll. This is a book that I could have sat down and read in one sitting, it is that good. I made myself read a couple of chapters a night trying to make it last. It is Christian fiction... and it is good Christian fiction. Not contrived but so very real. I marked several quotes not because they were good, but because they ministered to my heart.


Tomorrow is a big day in heartland. I am anxious to do the tests and then talk with the Dr.


One thing I have been doing during the holidays is burning candles. The fragrance has been spirit lifting. One of my friends is so good about having a candle lighted during the evenings when she is home from work. When I have been to her home it is so warm and inviting the different fragrances. So, I am doing that. Today I have an Amish candle that is the fragrance of Christmas. Add to that a candle with the fragrance of balsam pine. It is wonderful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for your restored health this evening. Drs appointments aren't fun, so get a good report/release? I pray. Thinking about you tomorrow. I love Rice, too. When we first got married, we had one right across the street from our home. We'd walk across together and decide what was for dinner! Those were the days. Love to you, Annette

Michelle said...

i will have to check that book out! hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Amanda said...

I pray your doctor visit and tests go as well as possible.