Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shopping, Shopping, Let's Go Christmas Shopping

This morning I got out early to finish up some Christmas shopping. The Nord opened at 9:00. I went to Home Dept first. Prices were falling even while I was looking. There was a beautiful Nord tree I had seen and it went on sale as I was standing beside it. So now we have a little tree decoration for the holidays. I went on down the mall and used all my coupons. Macy's, $25.00 off in Origins, and $10.00 off in Eddie Bauers. Then I headed over to Highland Village. Got the last parking place in the lot and it was just 11:05. Anthropologie is having a huge sale, just a FYI for those who love the "Pologie." I also went into Williams Sonoma, where they are forever trying to sign me up for cooking classes. I tell them I only know people who cook, I don't. Last stop was Coldwater Creek. The sound of bag pipes were off in the distance. And as I shopped, the two bagpipers came right up to the window where I was looking at sweaters. I got a personal concert right then and there. It was wonderful. For a recession, there are tons and tons of cars on the street and in the lots. The other thing, at each and every store someone in front of me had to have their card called in for approval. The women were really nicely and expensively dressed. They might have never had a call in before...guess times are changing and hard even for the ladies who lunch.

Buddy is curious and is investigating the tree. I got my camera to take the cutest picture and dang it if the battery is dead. So, it is charging and I am hoping for another photo op. I also hope that Buddy doesn't get a mind to destroy the tree.

The timer on the dryer is broken. So now we have to remember to check the dryer and not let it run on and on for hours and hours.

Why is it while I am shopping for others I keep finding things for me at really good prices?

I probably need to find one more thing for my mom. Those out of town will get checks or gift cards. I mean I think I am a cool aunt, but probably I am not cool enough to pick out clothes for a 17 and 15 year old.

5 comments:

Profbaugh said...

Sounds like quite an adventure, Nancy!! Oh and by the way, I'm reminded daily by my 16 and 17 year old that I'm not cool enough to buy things for them, but I don't listen (tee hee)!!!

Can't wait to see a picture of Buddy in the tree. I bet she's having a ball.

Much love,
~Cheryl

jené said...

When I do the laundry I set the kitchen timer so I remember to go back and get it. Works for me!

Love pipers, have several on my Zune!
Glad you got to hear them.

Dolly Dill said...

Nancy, why do you have Scottish bagpipes on your blog? Please can you put a picture of your pussy cat on your blog so that I can see it.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how THRILLED I was to see that you had visited Williams Sonoma. I love this store and always search out the nearest one to where we are staying in the USA.
My husband went to visit his elderley cousin in Kansas City last December and I gave him a long list of things that I wanted him to bring back. This included tins of their fantastic mulling spices which make the most delicious mulled wine or punch. The assistant was amazed that he was bringing so many tins home to Ireland!

Profbaugh said...

Tagged you. Go see :)