Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another Quick Update

For two people we have too much laundry. Central Market says their ovens are always on, working and I think our dryer runs a good portion of the day. Its on and working. Funny, our dry cleaning bill is less and of course that is due to it being mostly Roy's dress shirts and not my jackets and pants.


Today I finally made it to the new HEB on Bunker Hill. I have never been a fan of the HEB but I think I could like that store. I wasn't there officially shopping, but I did pick up a couple of things. One was bread. When Ali and I were in Hempstead I bought some fresh tomatoes. One of my very favorite things to eat is a tomato, mayonnaise sandwich. Had everything but the bread. Thus the stop. I have to get new tags from Kroger and Rice since mine were lost with my keys. I need to talk to the manager at Rice because I am almost to 6000 points which can be turned in for a Nordstrom gift card. I would hate to lose all those points.


I had a long talk with my parents today. I asked a lot of questions and didn't take specious answers. Outside of a miracle, I think my dad will opt for surgery. For once he gave me good reasons why and there wasn't one bit of giddiness in his voice. He even has all his assignments done for Roy which is a plus. It looks like Doug will not be coming down to help out. My mom is such an easy person to work with on timing and such. The 24th had me worried a little because that is the day I go for my check up with the cardiologist and then if all is well, I will go in for a physical test to see where my cardio and strength register. Hopefully all this will help with my stamina cause that is the one thing that hasn't come back as quickly as I would like. A friend of my parents will take my mom, sit with her and even take her home until we can get up there. My dad should be in ICU that day so visiting will be limited. This news is a huge relief to me.


Now a Buddy update. Buddy has rediscovered the mirror. So now if she isn't napping she is sitting on the counter in the bathroom with a determined stare going on. She loves seeing herself. So far she isn't knocking things off the counter, she is content to look at that beautiful cat in the mirror. And she is beautiful. I need to update her pictures for y'all.


Roy just got in from working out. Wednesdays are long days for him, yet probably his most Bible teaching filled. He goes to a 6:00 am Bible study with the guys at IHOP. Then he goes to High Point for lunch. High Point is lunch and Bible study done by First Baptist. Since he thought he would get home later this evening I had the opportunity to meet Dena for dinner. It was great getting caught up on all our happenings. I must post pictures from the Gaither concert.

It is almost time for me to take my Ultram ER 200 and that means I will be hitting the bed soon. So more catch up later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for clarifying- i thought the er200 was a washer or dryer....also maybe a few workouts on Peggy's rough and tumble horse (see how taken i was by that) will help build up your stamina....but seriously..seems like all the potential for stress shrinking..all things seem to be working out for the good...assuming of course , that you get your Nordstrom's gift card!!!! p.s. you reminded me again of the Joshua class i took with Roy when you mentioned his busybiblewednesday!You are Blessed.

Anonymous said...

I must Ali to send you a picture of Harry - my beautiful cat. Perhaps he and Buddy could become blogging friends!!
Looking forward to seeing Buddy.

Anonymous said...

Nancy- what does "specious" mean? I am trying to catch up with you and the blogs. I do not know that word. So your dad is having tests on the 23rd and possibly surgery? I will stay tuned.