Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Hour

I am in total bliss and completely satisfied that for once I hit the Sonic at Happy Hour. In most cases it is always a little too early or just late when landing at the Sonic. It's been awhile since participating in a Happy Hour. Although I could now if I wanted to. I signed the staff covenant at HFBC pledging to dress moderately, I totally balked at that, just kidding, not to talk about others, had a hard time with that because there are just some staff members who are worth the breaking of the vow to talk about ( just keeping it real) and not to drink. I would always think, well when I go out of town, I am going to have a glass of wine. Never did, I always forgot. I thought that once I quit I would be craving the chance to have a margarita and I never can have one, I have to have two or else I get a headache. So far, I've eaten a lot of Mexican food but haven't had a margarita. The allure just isn't there anymore. There was a day and it was a long time ago, Happy Hour happened right after aerobics class. How stupid that we had burned all these calories and then would have a drink or two or twelve. I remember one Happy Hour in particular that the food was free and the drinks cheap. There were several of us there that night. My friend put everything on her credit card and she being so drunk took a $64.00 bill and added a tip that made it $64,000.00. The next day when she realized what she had done, she went to the restaurant and told them she had made a huge mistake. They figured as much and hadn't turned it in yet, just waiting for her to come to her senses. I am so happy that Happy Hour doesn't hold an allure for me anymore except at Sonic. My Route 44 Diet Cherry Limeade is sooooo good.



Drat this spring forward. It has really messed me up even to the point of talking about Happy Hours. Played hookie from church, although that was premeditated and today I went later to work out. I thought it would be even less crowded than my regular time and it was but only one of the recumbent bikes was working and it was occupied. So I used one of the regular work out bikes and didn't like it as much. I did less time but I did more machines today and added the shoulder press to my routine.


We are supposed to get one more shot (all this Happy Hour talk has me using drinking vernacular) of cool air by the end of the week. It is all happening because last week I stored all my winter clothes.


It's time for last call on this post. I would like to go back outdoors and enjoy this beautiful weather. All the oldies are out by the pool and they get mad if you come down there with an iPod and a book and don't talk to them. They are so hard of hearing I can hear them in the living room. I should just open the window and talk to them from the comfort of our home. I am so excited because after work Roy is going to take our bikes into the shop for new tires and a tune up. With more daylight, we can ride after he gets home from work or early on Saturday mornings.


One more thing, I am becoming my Grandma Doss more and more. I'm not excited about this at all. One thing I've noticed is, I am making faces like she used to make. I am noticing them especially when I am praying at home or having my quiet time in deep thought. I am sticking my lips out just like she used to do. Isn't it bad enough I have her little wobble walk and her rear end???? I know, I shouldn't have written that last thing, but it must be the Diet Cherry Limeade talking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you really have such a fun circle of friends......$64,000!!!! that was a memorable(albeit the next day) happy hour!!!!

FitzandMolly said...

mmm...Tasty Beverage Day!

Elizabeth said...

I know what you mean about the covenant. I didn't have to sign it, but I was held to the same principals. It is ingraved in you. The first time I saw a married man and a married woman ride in a car together at work, I cringed inside. I don't even work at the church anymore, and it still is ingraved in me. I guess it never goes away.