Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Rambles

Back home from my workout. I never know the etiquette on using machines, it seems if you are using a machine you'd leave a towel there or something. I understand the back and forth between two machines for a workout but come on if you haven't been on the machine for 15 minutes I don't think you can totally claim it as yours in usage. A situation developed between two men this morning on machine usage. Each week I add a couple of machines to the workout. This week I've been doing more pressing, shoulder and leg. Now if I can just get the nerve up to take a class. That so totally intimidates me for several reasons, all look to be young and in shape, bad knees make some things just down right impossible, and I am a dork.


Roy got home at 5:30 last night, second night in a row and I ditched Bible study to go eat dinner with hubs. Then we went to Costco. Wow, the recession must be hurting them cause there was No One in the place. Bought some work out capris in a smaller size, so there was a little happy dance over that.


On Monday, Roy took my bike over to the repair shop to get new tires and for a tune up. Can't wait till he gets his bike over there and fixed up to be ready to roll. While talking at dinner Roy let me know there were still clothes in the guest bedroom that belong to me. I began going through stuff, throwing away and getting ready for Goodwill. There among give a way stuff there were a few things that I can use like my biking shorts and a couple of work out things. I was tempted to keep a couple of work out pants from the 80's and go all vintage. Thought better of that idea.


I ordered a couple of books on Amazon last night, In the Sweet By and By and Salvation at the Dairy Queen. It was an ordering kind of night because I bought some Paula Dorf make up and some Kool N Fit and Biofreeze.


Again I have written about the everyday and ordinary stuff of life right now. I have some other things that I'll write on later. It is more for me to get thoughts and ponderings together in some kind of organized form, I'm not writing a Bible study. It is not to develop a ministry or anything like that. I am getting tired of blogs becoming an advertisement for a speaking gig. When I tell you I am studying about storms in the Bible it is how I feel God leading. Oops, that whole paragraph came off strange, but it's not meant to be.


When I got the Facebook invite to Spring Loaded, it was with great gusto that I clicked on not attending. If you have kiddos though, Spring Loaded is a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It is March 29 from 12:30-3:30 at Houston Christian High School. Egg hunts, trains, pony rides, petting zoo and inflatables. Food purchased benefits the Student Ministry mission trips.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Last year, Spring Loaded was one of the first things we did at HFBC when we moved back to Houston. I remember seeing you right after we got there and you helped us get something for Jackson to put his eggs in. It won't be the same without you, but I wouldn't go either if I were you! Also, I am secretly planning to launch a huge speaking ministry through my blog. Wait for it. I have some mad speaking skills.

jené said...

did you remember to get butter? i only ask because often i find myself at home after shopping missing the main item i meant to get. i have taken to using my blackberry to record notes to reference when out shopping to make sure i get all i intended.

Anonymous said...

keep up the pondering...now i have book and make-up titles to investigate!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you aren't going to Spring Loaded! ;) Waiting for the day. . .

LMS

Lauren said...

"Salvation at the Dairy Queen"?? Man, you gotta tell me more about that one. I think my husband experiences paradise, if not salvation, every time he SEES a DQ. He doesn't even need to walk in. Just seeing one makes him happy.

Did you ever make that honey nut bread? It's yummy. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love the RANDOM posts...

Really love your blog ....

Have a great weekend.

Teresa