Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St Patrick's Day, Y'all!

Happy St Patrick's Day! I am sitting here having a mid afternoon snack of a toasted potato farl with some Kerry Gold Irish butter. I'm wearing a wee bit of green, but not having the luck of the Irish today. Somewhere between home and The Galleria, I lost my set of home keys. I've made several calls but no one has found them. I finally had to call Roy and go downtown to get his set. I could tell he was nervous to give me the only set of keys to get into our entrances and then into our home with my shady record of the day. I went straight to the locksmith and had two sets made. When I got home the mailman was delivering and I showed my ID to our mailman to grab our mail out of the box. Then I went to the front office to order a new lock and keys for the mailbox. All in all this little fiasco will run about $50.00 bucks. Oh well.

We have been having a blast with Ali. Ali is in town coming from a little town of Belfast. We met Ali through the blogging world. She is a hoot and we're having a blast! Yesterday, I picked her up around 2:00. Of course I had to show her the Play Grocery store and then we were off to Peggy's. Peggy is this close to starting a blog, so all of y'all who know her will be really looking forward to her words of wisdom. Anyway, I took Ali to meet Peggy and let her see one of the most fun homes you'll ever go to. Ali was totally in shock when she walked in the door. I forget really how wonderful it is, because to me I am just at Peggy's. We did the tour which included feeding the bass out in the lake and looking at the1930's fishing cabin Bill built. It was Ali's first ride on a golf cart. We left there and took a back road to Hempstead for Ali to see a little of what Texas looks like out of the city. We stopped at DiOrrio Farms where she promptly met a long lost cousin...a very long lost cousin. She made that lady's day. Then we came in 290 and made our way to the Beer Can House on Malone. It is worth the drive by. After a few photos, we picked up Roy and then met Dena at McCormick and Schmidt's for dinner. Roy convinced Ali that she needed to try a cup of gumbo and she did. Gumbo Forest Gumbo. We all had a great time. In fact we lost track of time and we found out Crave closes at 8:00. So no cupcakes... How sad.


Me, Peggy, Courtney Synott, Kelly, Ali and Dana having lunch at The Nord.
Ali riding the rough and tumble horse that lives inside Bill and Peggy's.

You can take the girl out of Ireland, but you can't take the Ireland out of the girl. This is a totally posed picture with an IBC Diet Root Beer.


Some happy, snappy friends after enjoying a delicious dinner.



The shamrock says Happy St Patrick's Day, but the flash kind of overtook the sign. We are near the entrance of the bar, but none of us but Dena were tempted to go in. Nah, Dena didn't go into the bar, the bar came to her...if you know what I am saying.... NOOOOOOOO! Nothing bar like was consumed either at the bar or at our table.
This morning I picked up Ali and we headed to The Nord. We did a little tour and soon everyone was showing up. We had a very fun lunch with a million conversations going on at once. We even got some of the doubters to try the white chocolate bread pudding and it is still slap your mama good. After lunch we all had to go our separate ways to finish out our days. I had to loose keys and blow the afternoon. Others had places to go and places to be.
We have enjoyed the invasion of the Irish. I hear the next trip will include some reinforcements. That will be awesome!
I've finished my farl and polished off my pint of Diet Coke. Now to look for a four leaf clover and maybe have a bowl of Lucky Charms.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours much love, peace, and happiness!

Anonymous said...

Nancy

What a lovely time Ali had with you! She has been really looking forward to seeing you all and the visit seems to have surpassed her expectations!!
Many thanks to you and all your friends for making it so memorable.

Heather

Anonymous said...

yep! a truly gracious hostess you are and oh my goodness!@#@!$%$#@! that is Peggy & Bill's !@#@! I can imagine how happily suprised and taken aback Ali might have felt! I would love a pint (of diet coke) in that fun room! I'm watching for Peggy's blog....I remember her "forced" trial on that cruise last year and have been waiting for more ..if she and Bill can create that fun room (and probably much more)together i can't wait for the heart that will go into the blog! Thanks for sharing mrs. monarch...it's good to see you and Roy out having fun with friends

Etta said...

hi Nancy,

hootenanny, I'm on the list for the next trip I hope! Looks like the girl's having some well deserved craic!

E

Anonymous said...

ooops was that Dana that wrote the "forced" blog!! You have so many friends I get confused - i do that with most of my good books!!!

Amanda said...

What a fun time with a bloggy friend!

Laurie M said...

She's a doll. So fun to meet her on Sunday!

Unknown said...

How fun! When John actually lived in Prairie View I would ALWAYS go to the Farmer's Market in Hempstead for some yummy fruits! I love that place!