Monday, March 30, 2009

Never Seen This Done

I saw something this morning that I never thought I would see EVER in my lifetime. Buddy and I were on the way to the vet for her nail trim. Woodway was crowded but not like rush hour. As we all made our way slowly down the street, out of no where a blue mini van is in and out of traffic, like a sports car. The mini van cut me off right in front of St Martin's and I was about to get miffed when I realized it's a mini van... a mini van that isn't being driven like it was a bus. This mini van is going beyond the speed limit and taking such chances weaving in and out of the cars. I get so excited to see a mini van going that fast I begin to cheer it on when it came to some obstacles. The mini van turned onto Augusta, which is the street I would soon be turning onto. It is still going so fast and rolling through stop signs. I can now see that the driver has on a cowboy hat and I am yelling ride em cowboy! The mini van turns into the Post Oak YMCA entering the do not enter drive and rolls to a stop in a parking spot. I almost followed them into the lot just to say how encouraging it was to see someone drive a minivan like a car, not like a Metro Bus. But, I continued on toward the vet. Very happy in my heart to see what I have never seen before, a mini van speeding along at posted or above posted speed and being driven like a sports car.

4 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You and I share a similar sense of humor...If you look around,
you can see some funny things...

Michelle said...

That is some crazy driving! Now I may consider the mini van....well...on second thought...

FitzandMolly said...

I once saw a minivan with dark tinted windows and a huge white decal of the grim reaper on the back windshield. I laughed out loud.

Etta said...

I'm more relieved that it was Buddy you were taking to the vet. on first reading, I thought it was your husband. Oh dear, I need to concentrate more.