Friday, March 27, 2009

Random Friday

  • It is not Curtis Jones fault that the day I lifted my hands while riding the recumbent bike that my workout capris were on backward. I was so frustrated with the pockets because they didn't lay right. I noticed my mistake when I got home.
  • We've been able to trace my panic attacks to some medicine I take. It only happens two or three times a month, so I can live with it. The medicine does so much good for me otherwise.
  • The battery in my camera died and it seems strange because I have barely used the camera. Maybe it's the non use, who knows. I did something very brave for me. I went to Best Buy by myself and got a new battery. Best Buy is more a store that Roy goes to and I called him after I had done the errand. He was very surprised, but oh so happy I finally made a trip inside the store by myself to do something and I consider it this, techie.
  • So I have recharged the new battery and then put it in my phone totally wrong. Gee... It would not come out. So I stopped and prayed asking the Lord to loose it here on earth and in heaven. It came out and I righted the wrong put in by putting it in correctly. So now my camera works.
  • Found a pair of Michael Kors jeans on sale and two sizes smaller than what I was wearing this time last year. Praise Him!
  • I ordered a book about 8 months ago. It has been on back order and it came today. it is Mystics, Mavericks and Miracle Workers: a 30 Day journey with some saints. It looks good.
  • I am reading Salvation at the Dairy Queen and totally loving it. Lauren, if you would like to read it, I can mail it to you after I am finished.
  • My dad got home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. He didn't have his heart surgery, but just the hand surgery to get the infected thorn out of his hand. Looks like it will be 4-6 weeks before having heart surgery...if he really needs it. We cannot get a straight answer out of him.
  • Looks like the weather is cooperating and we will be able to go to the Rice baseball game tonight.

This is all the random stuff from the week. I have a couple of thoughts rolling around in my head. I don't hear an echo so that is good. I will blog more later.

4 comments:

Ali said...

oh ha ha ha ha ha, he he he! Nancy, you are a laugh a minute! (well, obviously not the serious stuff, but the pants ....lol)

:-)

Anonymous said...

all good news!!!!! enjoy the game tonight ..remember to check your pockets before you leave!!!! (you are so good with your book titles and it is much appreciated!)

Anonymous said...

so can't fimd the book but now am thinking-maybe it is a companion workbook or a devotional for the crowder book by a similiar title???? that would explain the wait...it might be newly published- otherwise i find one about hasidic girls or onw about saints and sages ie. buddha, rumi etc!Poor you maybe it's better not to mention titles....i just make it harder!!!

Lauren said...

Hey missy,
I would love to read that book, but why don't you save it for when we meet one of these days? I mean, it's GOT to happen sometime!! But I would like to hear what you think of it whenever you're done. It's got to be a goodie if it has anything to do with DQ.
Lauren