Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Beautiful Wednesday

This has turned out to be one very beautiful day.  Getting in a little sunshine while running errands was rather nice.  I kind of thought the Kroger would be busier since this is Wednesday but it wasn't and I got the added bonus of running into my core group leader from CBS.  She and I must be on the same schedule since we have run into one another at CVS.  Since there aren't Kroger's nearby I am stocking up on cotton balls and Kroger Cherry baby aspirin.  It's not like Roy couldn't bring that kind of thing to me but that is one less item to be concerned about before flying.  So today, since I didn't want to look like a total freak I only bought five packages of the baby aspirin.  We have time to load up on each one of our trips.  This is why I have NC brain, it is remembering little things like this.

Yesterday was another day of packing boxes but really not that many.  I worked on homework and read a greater portion of the day.  While filling out change of addresses for several magazines, I came across articles that really needed to be read.  All the exciting places to see nearby.  One story was about route 276.  I drove part of that route from the Blue Ridge Parkway to Waynesville in August.  Oh my, such a beautiful back road.  I came across the Whistlestop Market in the article and it was to the Google cave to find out more.  Putting that on my things to do list.  Roy will love all the photo ops and I think I will like the scenery and country stores along the way.  I'm thinking we might want to have a freezer.  Oh my, I looked back on their FB page at all the fresh strawberries, blackberries and peaches.  I have also been researching antique stores and the adventures that await.

For Lent I am reading the book, The Crime of Living Cautiously by Luci Shaw.  If you asked Peggy she would tell you that I live too cautiously but if you asked Dena she would say many times I throw caution to the wind.  Funny, adventure looks different to each person.  On our trip Peggy told me she thought I lived in fear and it might look that way.  From experience I know pretty much how much and how far I can push myself before going beyond the parameters that the cardiologist has set for me.  So stress and getting hot are not the only hazards for my attempt at healthy living.  I have to keep in mind how hard my heart is working as well as it going out of rhythm, which exhausts me beyond words.  Adventure to me is moving to NC with only knowing a few people.  Adventure is learning to see things so familiar differently.  Adventure is taking in all the roads and mountains looking for nuances that might have been missed on other trips.  Adventure is learning the rhythm of life...I love this quote found in an old travel journal from an antique store purchase, "Every land has its own special rhythm and unless the traveler takes the time to learn the rhythm, he or she will remain an outsider there always." Juliette De Baircli Levy

I'm saddened to hear the news of the passing of Marie Miser.  Faithful through the years at Westbury Baptist.  I hadn't really thought about her for years but she was gracious and so kind.






No comments: