Monday, December 11, 2017

It's Melting, It's Melting....

Monday morning and most schedules around here are on a three hour delay...Buddy has taken that schedule to heart and only briefly made a downstairs appearance. She took in a little sun from her normal spot and then headed upstairs for the first of many naps today. Last I looked our temps are around 22 degrees. This cup of peppermint coffee is doing the trick on keeping me warm, along with my thick slipper socks and well worn and beloved sweatshirt. The sun is out and doing the work of softening up the ice and snow. The usual background noise of the occasional big truck must be hampered by some ice on either end of the road.

With the three days of totally being lazy with short bursts of productivity needs to reverse order today. There are several things that need to be attended to but the total luxuriousness of no schedule or obligations has truly been a delight and being a little more project oriented in the coming days will make the next winter or weather related rest seem luxurious again. These past few days I have not put on make up, ack!, nor have I done much to my hair.

The WiFi booster that Roy put upstairs has helped tremendously with our lack of WiFi at times. Calls have been clearer and connections not broken off as had become the norm. I have heard of so many loosing WiFi over the past few days and we have had couple of spurts and stops, but mostly working.

Roy is going to try and reschedule the body work needed on the truck. With upcoming appointments and with Enterprise Car Rental not willing to come and pick me up, we are going with a new plan. My tape job with red saran wrap is working ok over the back light. Our insurance company is supposed to come out here sometime this week and do their inspection. Man, I wish I hadn't had a run in with that telephone pole.
******
The good news this evening, I ventured out to the store and returned without a new scratch or dent. Got a package mailed and back home with plenty of time to spare. Roy was able to reschedule the body work appointment and they also gave him the Enterprise Rental place that worked with them and would pick us up after we drop off the truck. With dental appointments and the like we were having a difficult time getting things arranged so that we didn't have to bother anyone to help us with this. I was in the grocery store when Roy called and of course I couldn't hear half of what he was saying and on top of that he wasn't giving me all the details. We had a huge discussion over the weekend about me giving too many details to him and once getting back into the truck to my next destination, we talked about how he doesn't give enough details. Somewhere we meet in the middle.

I think, my gut reaction was telling me, in the grocery store that I was going to be put in the middle of a scam and I think I am right. All I will say is be observant when checking out and I used Am Express instead of a debit card...the lady behind me wasn't giving me very much space. Once I stopped the process of the scam and finished checking out, I noticed after loading the groceries into the truck that the lady behind me in line left without any groceries and she had a good size amount of things in her basket. Contrast to The Fresh Market which as per usual is filled with northerners via Florida. Gaunt old women trying to look young...yet the husbands are kind of stooped over and shuffling along. There was one woman who was the bane of my grocery trip and after numerous times where she butted in front of me for things and nearly got all the tuna fish, I beat that gaunt old lady to the checkout. Am I proud of myself...no....was that love....no, but dang it! You want to say eat some protein or something.

The sound of snow melting can be heard all throughout the house. Whether it be drips of water or huge hunks of snow and ice hitting the deck and pavement. Wow! Tomorrow holds lots of cold temps and they say just a dusting of snow if any...that's what they said on Thursday and ten inches later...the definition of dusting needs to be fixed.

Got several things done here and wasn't quite as lazy as over the weekend. Really, lazy isn't the word but it surely was relaxing. It is times like these that I am overjoyed not to be a perfectionist. On Thursday night with friends over for a pot luck, I saw dust on the top of one of the bookcases. I announced it and then was so happy to realize not anyone there was tall enough to even notice it. Two friends from Houston were discussing their Christmas decorations on FB and they tend to the frillier side of decorating. They both agreed rustic is not where it is at. If it ain't rustic, I don't really like it. Too fancy too frilly...y'all can have it. That leaves more rustic for me.

I had leftover pizza for lunch and now I contemplate supper. Hmmm....what will it be? I haven't a clue.




No comments: