Thursday, December 14, 2017

Thus It Is Thursday

After having a string of ease into the morning kinds of days, reality kicked in this morning because I had a 9:20 appointment. So when the alarm went off at 6:30 am, I was slow to get moving. Checked the temps and it was 21 degrees and it looked like the roads were relatively ice free. Now the sun...that was a whole nother thing because it was blinding even with sunglasses. Nothing like hitting a curve with another car coming toward you and you're trying to see and stay in your lane. Hit a bit of a traffic snarl along with a detour and an episode of me not trusting GPS on the detour, but Tallulah Toyota proved me wrong. At the end of the winter season this year, which I was in Houston...so it was winter-ish, I got a great deal on a winter coat that had wonderful ratings for keeping one warm. That was the coat for this morning because with wind chill it felt like 11. I could not get the dang zipper to work correctly, so I had to go with a less warm coat but more fashionably attractive.

After the appointment I was able to run over to Biltmore Park and make a quick run into the Barnes and Noble. Had one last gift card run to make. Then a stop at the Exxon station and home again home again to wait for State Farm. I'm still waiting. That's okay, I got a couple of things done before taking this blogging break.

There are a couple of new products I'm liking. I am not loyal to any one brand of make up or products. Whatever season...I jump from product to product trying them out. For the past few years I have stuck with Chanel hydration serums and moisturizers...still like them but this fall I discover Burberry high light radiance primer. Love it! A sample of their lipstick came with it and I like the lipstick too. A hair product I have discovered and love is Form, it's a leave in conditioner but you can use it on dry hair. Last night after my Rene Furterer treatment, I forgot to use any other hair product. This morning I remembered while looking at my flat lifeless hair...sprayed on some Form...boom! Gave much needed body and volume. I got a sample from Sephora and ordered a full size after using it several times and liking the results.
**********************
As it can happen, distractions took me away from writing. The man from State Farm came to look at the truck and the estimate of the body shop along with his estimate seems to be spot on. We talked a little college football because of the LSU sticker on the tailgate. He is a TN fan and wanted them to hire Les Miles. We discussed the good and the bad of Les and I think he was quite taken aback that I knew what I knew about football. Before he arrived my brother called me from the road. He had been in Houston having Christmas with Erin. They were able to go to the cemetery and put a Christmas wreath on my parent's headstone. They sent me a pic. They were going to send me a pic of them eating at Escalante's, Doug and Erin not my deceased parents, but traffic and Erin's compassion kept them from tormenting me.

This morning the temps stayed above freezing and slowly but surely the snow is melting, although our back deck hasn't had a lot of melting. That could change today. On my Christmas list, snow shovel but if I can find one, I'll get it before Christmas. Roy suggested Amazon and normally I would but I have stopped ordering from Amazon when a weekend delivery is at hand. We've never not received a package but it is days later even after receiving notification that it has been delivered. Nah, I'll do it the old fashioned way...go to the store.

During this Christmas season Liz Curtis Higgs tweets out quotes from her book The Women of Christmas. One in particular got my attention. The quote about "suddenly" a heavenly host appeared to the shepherds. She said God's suddenly changes everything or that is what I took from the tweet. It reminded me of a podcast from Mark Batterson several years ago, talking about Moses and the one day of the burning bush. Those little words, suddenly and one day hold great impact if we can see and understand that one day means, we can experience the one day as well and a suddenly....Moses just had to go over and see what was happening and the shepherds just had to be alert to seeing what was happening.

Well I have had my appointments, ran to the grocery store, Tractor Supply and Walmart afterwards. I came home and saw Mama Cat and Cali by the tent of meeting. So, I hurriedly mixed up some cat food and took it up to them. I had seen Mama Cat this morning and had fed her then. While I was doing that this morning, Buddy scared the pee wadlin' out of me by going out into the garage. Good thing I hadn't opened up the door. She wouldn't come in and shutting the door and waiting for her to cry was taking too long...so, I locked the truck and then set off the alarm. I haven't seen Buddy move that fast in many a year.  She rushed into the house and up the stairs. This afternoon she acted like she was going to do that again...so I hit the lock button, she heard the noise and moved away from the back door.

I made sloppy joes for my lunch/supper and they were good. Got almost everything put up and I am ready to settle in for the evening.



No comments: