Monday, December 18, 2017

The Day Began Early, Too Early

I awoke at 3:00 am and in the haze of the earliness I remembered no alarm had been set to wake me up earlier than usual because of the early appointment with the oral surgeon. So glad I set the alarm then cause I might not have gotten up in time. With the regular getting ready stuff I also needed to feed the Feral Fam and get the trash down to the road for pick up. Even with some morning detours, this time I knew about them and turned early as not to get stuck in the build up or have to take the weird detour. The practice is moving to a new location, kind of close to the dentist that did the root canal. Their building now is on the top of a pretty steep hill and it would not have been fun to attempt during the snow and resulting ice. I really like Dr. Burgon and when he came into the room this morning, after saying good morning he told me he really enjoyed and liked me. Wow! I didn't expect that. I like him too, he reminds me of Jeff Crain. So we have the surgery date set for the next step in this process. CT scan looked good, they can use the impression template from my previous surgery because it is all healing up very nicely. The Dr told me I'm a good healer and I should have said no I know the Good Healer.

Back out on the road by 9:30 so I made a quick stop at the grocery store and CVS. Then the PO and down the road to Marshall to make a quick stop into Penland's. I wanted to see what they had via things made and crafted by local artists. It was a good stop but was so sad to see they had closed the Marshall Wells Fargo location. The people in that branch were some of the friendliest people.

When I arrived home the Feral Fam were out on the grassy top playing. I had fed them yesterday morning but left their food in the backyard down by the deck. I was short on time because I was running late for church. They came on down and ate there but that put off the birds being fed until after I got home from church. With the overcast skies and rain, I didn't see the Fam for the rest of the day, but then I really wasn't too engaged into looking for them because I came home from church feeling a little woozy and lightheaded. We were asked to wear green or red. I don't have much green unless it is a Baylor t-shirt or sweatshirt but I do have red tops, but they are all a little on the warm side. I was down for the count all afternoon and didn't really get anything done as I had planned. I just about made it through the concert but on the third to last song I began to feel hot...not like smoking hot, just sweaty hot. I was started to get dizzy and just mouthed the words because I was having that echo effect in my ears. We had the invitation and Pastor Jeff spoke a little before the last song was sung and we got to sit down...I hoped that would revive me, but no. As soon as we were dismissed my goal was to go to the choir room and then head outside to the truck and get home as quickly as possible. When I got here, no longer was I feeling hot but couldn't get warm. I sat here for a little bit, talked to Roy and then heated my leftover pizza for lunch. Buddy and I settled in for a nap and even after the nap, I was still fatigued. The night before hadn't helped with little to no sleep. Restless and a short atrial flutter moment or moments. Last night I went to sleep early, 9:30.

Now Voyager was on TCM last night. It is one of my favorite movies. Each time I see it, something new is revealed or meaningful.

Buddy has become quite the whiner sitting at the back door. She sits there, meows loudly and then looks at me like I am going to go over there and open the door. She just thinks she wants to get out there in the garage but it isn't the garage she wants, she wants to go outdoors. Of course she hasn't a clue she wouldn't make it out there in the great outdoors. I have to time my trips to the garage especially when I have stuff to carry in or carry out.

At the beginning of the holiday season I had so much fun searching for local artisan gifts and found several cute things but as the shopping season has continued...I think that I have been more entertained by what I bought than the people I have given these sought out treasure. I think I have lost the touch. There are people you give gifts to and those gifts never see the light of day again or they have gone onto a new home or consignment shop or you get an aside comment several months down the road or you catch a "look" between them and someone else in the room. There are still a few people I feel like I can see things immediately and know they will like it...but those are becoming fewer and fewer.

Looks like the Feral Fam have been having a great playtime. They all run so fast and the kittens which are starting to loose their kittenish looks wrestle and play and climb trees. So entertaining. It's about this time they begin to move toward their night abode. Today and tomorrow are our warmest days this week, so these Ferals need to take advantage of that.

No comments: