Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Eve Before The Day

Merry Christmas Eve! With the sounds of Christmas playing in the background, thank you Alexa and KHCB, Buddy is asleep on the blanket, Roy has gone upstairs to watch TV and I am sitting in my favorite chair blogging and reading Twitter. We had delicious leftover roast from yesterday for supper tonight and we broke out the white chocolate pretzels for dessert. We didn't make it to the Christmas Even service at church tonight but I caught a little bit of the service from First Baptist in Houston, so that was good. Several times in the past few days I have heard old recordings of the choir from back in the day Pageant music. Then I have heard songs we sang those years and the memories come back of singing How Does A King Come at the dinner table with my brother only we sang How Does A King Kong? It entertained my mother who at first thought those were the words.

Roy and I went to Sunday School this morning and skipped out on church because we wanted to do a little Sunday afternoon driving. First we had lunch at the KFC buffet. Delicious and not crowded since, you know, we took a sabbatical from the service. Then we began our drive to Greenville, TN. We took the back roads and we stopped several times for Roy to take pics. Greenville is a quaint little town with a beautiful downtown. I had seen on FB that an antique store would be open till 4:00. The pictures had intrigued me and we had a good time walking through the store and looking at all there was to see. Some of it interesting and other things...well, we weren't interested. We came home with a little vintage step ladder. Don't know what I will do with it yet, but it was one of those pieces you know will work somewhere, somehow eventually. We were keeping an eye on the temps because a cold front blows through tonight.

The Feral Fam was waiting for breakfast this morning. I was prepared and got it out to them in record time. Mama Cat sat at a distance and let the kids eat first. She isn't always like that and eats first. This afternoon when we got home the little ones were down here by the deck. So I took out some treats and a little bit of food. They have been braver coming up on the deck so I left a few treats for them there and they had left me a gift on the welcome mat...a little chewed up bird. I thanked them for their generosity and told them not to get me anymore gifts. Buddy keeps an eye on them. All that watching wears her out.

We hope you all have a good day tomorrow, a Merry Christmas. Whether you are with family or friends or by yourself...there is much to be thankful for. Although we think about thankfulness as being a Thanksgiving thing, I think it is more of Christmas sense and feeling. No, life doesn't always hold what we thought it might or circumstances seem stacked against us...there is still always something we can find to be grateful for. Merry Christmas!

No comments: