Sunday, May 18, 2008

More Conversations with Peggy-She Done Graduated

It won't be long and Peggy will be retired from teaching Jr High PE and coaching volleyball, basketball, and track. People asked her this morning in Sunday School, oops I mean Sunday Bible Study, if she would have a hard time adjusting. Ha! They don't know Peggy very well if they are asking that question. I don't get the impression she hated her job and I know she had a lot of fun doing it. But she summed it up several years ago when she said, the kids stay the same age and I keep getting older. She''ll be busy, probably busier than when she taught. Peggy loves life and enjoys every moment and now she can sleep late so she can stay up later. She has a million and one projects, she and Bill will be traveling and then entertaining during the summer at the Bain Bed and Breakfast. Peggy has been hinting that she would LOVE for me to quit my job. Some days I listen to her more than others.

Since we were celebrating graduations in Sunday...Sunday Bible Study, I thought it would be great to celebrate Peggy's graduation back into the wonderful world of having her time and schedule back. Yesterday, Roy and I went over to the Play Grocery Store and picked up a cake. The Play Grocery store makes some dang good cake. This was chocolate with triple fudge icing.





After church, Roy, Bill, Peggy, Dena and I went out to lunch. Let me assure you, the laughs were plentiful and the stories colorful, colorful in a good way...not bad. Bill and Peggy had been to a wedding last night and that just led into stories of some of the worst weddings we have ever attended. It has been a while since I attended a bad one, but the memories from years ago are still fresh.
Dena and I are going to another celebration for Peggy later this week. And there is another celebration the week after next. We should celebrate Peggy. There is so much about her that most, unlike me, don't really get to see. Of course she is funny and can make the most mundane chore exciting, but she is compassionate, caring, giving, and sentimental. And she has about 110 songs slated to be sung at her funeral, not that is anytime soon.! She added to the list this morning, In Christ Alone. I told her Lisa P does a very fine job with it.
June 2 is her last day at Memorial Parkway Jr. High and June 3, if there is a bright light shining in the West, it is Peggy smiling cause she's free at last, free at last. It's her year of Jubilee, she's the captive been set free...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Peggy Bain and am so happy she is in her last weeks of teaching the children of Katy. Her daughter is my BFF and they have folded us into their family for over 9 years now. We are so blessed. And Nancy, I should have followed you this morning to get me some cake! Next time....

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you STANDING next to Peggy ... Next time you think of moving furniture alone you can call Peggy any weekday!!!!!

The Powell Family said...

So fun-Matt and I both were Eagles at Memorial Pkwy Jr high-I definitley remember that sweet smile-Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Peggy Bain - love her! And you are correct - Peggy won't have any trouble finding things to do!

LMS

FitzandMolly said...

you should ask peggy about the time she scooped up a dead armadillo off the side of the road to put in my bunk at camp.