Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hanging Out In the Burbs

Yea, went to the burbs today. Went out 290 to meet Laurie M for lunch at the cutest tea room on Klunge Road. The chicken lime crepes were delicious! And the creamy zucchini soup was slap your momma good! Oh,catching up with Laurie was fun too. She has always has been agreeable to come into The Galleria to meet and that was mainly when I was still working. So being the retired lady, I made the scenic trip out to the burbs. There for a while it seemed like being out in the country with all the horse farms. Loved it! Laurie and I share a unique talent when it comes to being volunteered for all kind of church work, we have the ability to say no and really mean it.





While out that way, I decided to make a trip to the outlet mall. I found a great sale at Eddie Bauer's and at Reebok. Love to find bargains and some of the clothes were 70 % off. Found a great pair of shorts 16 inches long. Made me laugh thinking, that is probably the inseam for Peggy's capris!



Speaking of Peggy. I went to her home yesterday for a play day. I took my computer because she showed me how to make photo books and of course you see that she has started a blog. I thought, it will be so easy to show her how to do this, realizing at first, I couldn't remember a thing since it had been over two years ago when I set mine up. Jaime was there with Keely and once Keely had had enough of us, we all worked on the computers. I was so overwhelmed with questions and Bill looking for a medical card...it was a bit overwhelming and I was worn out in no time flat. Of course Peggy and Jaime were laughing at me and saying you can tell you never have been a teacher and multi task your attention. When I pulled in at Peggy's she was power washing the driveway in flip flops, but her toes all seemed to be intact. This is our first time for Peggy and me to get together for a day of fun since we both retired. We both have been too busy. Mainly, we are busy with stuff we want to do which can make a big difference in attitude.


After shopping and on my way home, I tried to find the farmer's market that Laurie told me about. I never found it, but had a great time looking for it. There is so much of Houston I have never seen especially out in the burbs. It was a small adventure for the day. Being so close into town, my daily trek is on the same streets. It was exciting to get out of the rut.

Roy and I went out to Collina's last night for dinner. We have been so good and eaten most of our evening meals at home this week. Even had hot dogs that we bought at Central Market. Dang, those are some good hot dogs.


I am finishing this up on Friday morning. Need to get over to the gym since I have missed two days in a row. Spray tan still looks good and yes, I have already made another appointment to get another one. Had to change it though since I am volunteering for VBS when I had scheduled it.

2 comments:

Laurie M said...

Lunch was so fun! Sorry I gave you bad directions to the Farmer's Market....directionally challenge is just who I am. :/

Marty H said...

Next time you come to the burbs - you need to call me to meet you. You were in my stomping ground!